Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vampiria dead at 86

J. M. Stovall

Call Me a Cab
2185430783_9893235b7d_o.jpg

vampira3.jpg

K

kpreed

Great for T.V., but so-so for movies. May she rest in peace.

catsmeow

One of the Regulars
:eek: Oh no...I love Vampira :( . She was my favourite horror host. I don't know what to say. Thanks for putting this on the fedora lounge Doh!, as she is such an unknown in Australia, there was no news of her passing. As much as I like Elvira, Vampira was the original and the best. Long live Vampira...

http://www.vampirasattic.com/

PrinceHarming

New in Town
catsmeow said:
:eek: Oh no...I love Vampira :( . She was my favourite horror host. I don't know what to say. Thanks for putting this on the fedora lounge Doh!, as she is such an unknown in Australia, there was no news of her passing. As much as I like Elvira, Vampira was the original and the best. Long live Vampira...

http://www.vampirasattic.com/
Vampira's Attic, was run by Maila Nurmi who is Vampira. So I think the site will be back up and running in a while.

Doh!

One Too Many
I would've loved to have been around when she -- or any other ghoul -- was hosting horror movies on TV. There was a level of fun back then that is sorely missed.

When I was a kid in St. Louis, we had "Chiller Theater" (I think that was the name) that showed horror movies but there was no host. They at least bothered having a scary announcer, though. Good times!

Liz

The world has really lost a truly unique icon with her passing. I have a '50s pin-up magazine with a great Vampira article, and one could tell just from reading it that she was obviously a very witty and intelligent lady. RIP indeed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mads