Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Unpopular movie opinions...

Rue, it's kind of my own attempt to balance myself: despite that my nature is best suited to reducing things to scrap-metal--in bulk quantities, like say a tank-company at a time--aside from the brief moments when I've got someone special and am with her the closest to happiness I seem to get is when I'm building things. Get me the blueprints and the raw materials, and if it can be built I'm game to try once I get myself through a refresher on Machining Ops... (which I need anyway, got me some guns to build and they ain't gonna carve themselves out of billet steel, ya know!lol)

rue

Okay I have some questions....

What does Lincsong mean?
Why do you have a picture of Reagan for your avatar? Don't you know that it's illegal to mention him on the left coast?
Are you anti-hippie like James?
Why does James hate Nick Cage so much?

;)

rue

Rue, it's kind of my own attempt to balance myself: despite that my nature is best suited to reducing things to scrap-metal--in bulk quantities, like say a tank-company at a time--aside from the brief moments when I've got someone special and am with her the closest to happiness I seem to get is when I'm building things. Get me the blueprints and the raw materials, and if it can be built I'm game to try once I get myself through a refresher on Machining Ops... (which I need anyway, got me some guns to build and they ain't gonna carve themselves out of billet steel, ya know!lol)

You are too cute Mr. DB. I hope you find the girl of your dreams soon and that you can build her things :)

You are too cute Mr. DB. I hope you find the girl of your dreams soon and that you can build her things :)
Haven't really brought up the idea of cuttin' metal for the LDGE yet--the biggest problem for me is that since I can't legally fill the role I was bred for outside a uniform and DoD thinks I'm "past Use By date", and the set of conditions required to be effective in my second-line are both rare and considered "breach of ethics" by most of my colleagues in Executive Protection (like as in, my Principal specifically must be a gal, and it must be as much a "personal" relationship as a "business" one--yes, I have to fall head-over-heels for her, especially given how aggressive and high risk to myself my best defensive strategies are), that pretty much means my last resort is "housespouse" with whatever time can be spared from that for freelancing and "basement gadgeteering", which is pretty close to the live-in housekeeper gig I have for a workaholic relative anyway.

Why yes I am :D
So's the LDGE--probably part of what I find so captivating about her, despite that either of us getting to see the other in their town is gonna be a real PITA. (But a worth-it one.:) )

Last edited:

Lincsong

I'll Lock Up
Okay I have some questions....

What does Lincsong mean?
Why do you have a picture of Reagan for your avatar? Don't you know that it's illegal to mention him on the left coast?
Are you anti-hippie like James?
Why does James hate Nick Cage so much?

;)

Lincsong-- Lincoln Motorcars and "Song of the South"
Reagan; California was Reagan Country until all the normal people left and the contaminated stayed.
Hippie? I make Powers look like he adores them scum sucking maggots. I do hate the Beatles.
Because Nick Cage is irritating.

rue

haven't really brought up the idea of cuttin' metal for the ldge yet--the biggest problem for me is that since i can't legally fill the role i was bred for outside a uniform and dod thinks i'm "past use by date", and the set of conditions required to be effective in my second-line are both rare and considered "breach of ethics" by most of my colleagues in executive protection (like as in, my principal specifically must be a gal, and it must be as much a "personal" relationship as a "business" one--yes, i have to fall head-over-heels for her, especially given how aggressive and high risk to myself my best defensive strategies are), that pretty much means my last resort is "housespouse" with whatever time can be spared from that for freelancing and "basement gadgeteering", which is pretty close to the live-in housekeeper gig i have for a workaholic relative anyway.

So's the ldge--probably part of what i find so captivating about her, despite that either of us getting to see the other in their town is gonna be a real pita. (but a worth-it one.:) )

ldge??

As in, "Long Distance Girlfriend Equivalent"--we're not really a couple, but more committed and a bit closer than "Friends With Benefits". It's complicated, but our little "No BS Zone" arrangement is rather liberating, for someone who doesn't quite get all the "people-people crap" most of the world requires.:)

rue

Lincsong-- Lincoln Motorcars and "Song of the South"
Reagan; California was Reagan Country until all the normal people left and the contaminated stayed.
Hippie? I make Powers look like he adores them scum sucking maggots. I do hate the Beatles.
Because Nick Cage is irritating.

HAHAHA..... I just spit out my drink on the last two LOL

Last edited:

rue

As in, "Long Distance Girlfriend Equivalent"--we're not really a couple, but more committed and a bit closer than "Friends With Benefits". It's complicated, but our little "No BS Zone" arrangement is rather liberating, for someone who doesn't quite get all the "people-people crap" most of the world requires.:)

Ahhh... I see..... I understand too ;) I hope it works out for you, because you deserve it :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HiredGun