Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Two New Hats

rbyates

New in Town
I'm new, but I've read a lot of interesting stuff on here, so I thought I'd join. I'm seventeen, so I'm younger than most people who use this forum. I love the 20s-60s period as much as I love modern day high fashion, so I try to bring elements of both into my way of dressing. I think we've lost a bit of refinement over the years, but many new styles can be great as well. I'm pretty new to hats, but this winter, I thought I'd get a start the right way. I just purchased my first vintage fur felts, a light taupe-colored Knox with a Cavanagh edge, and a chocolate brown Portis. These are just some webcam pics with the two, I wasn't really dressed up or anything, but you get the idea. I love how well made these vintage pieces are.

Hat 1.
16c6rn9.jpg

Hat 2. (My hair was a mess)
2py53k5.jpg

MikePotts

Practically Family
Welcome young Yates, nice hats!, are you one of the fortunate few who can get away with smaller sized hats? A plethora of treasure awaits you if so.

HatsEnough

Banned
Your longish face looks good in a 2 inch brim, rbyates. I, on the other hand, look terrible in such a short brimmed hat. I am glad to see you are not sporting a really short brim, though. There are far too many youngsters wearing those ultra stingy brims.

Welcome to The Lounge and good hatting.

job

One Too Many
We need younger members. Sometimes young people die. Old people do die. And when we do....... a lot of vintage hats are going for sale.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe