Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Trouble Connecting to the Lounge?

GWD

One Too Many
Has anyone else had trouble logging into the lounge since the last crash? I'm trying to figure out if it's just me. I couldn't log in all day yesterday.

MaryDeluxe

Practically Family
Me too. My computer can only find the FL address in the morning. Once it gets into the afternoon the FL mysteriously disappears. lol

Oh well! [huh]

LizzieMaine

Bartender
Lots of reports on this coming in -- the consensus is that the problem is at the local ISP level. Evidently not every system has the new server address yet and keeps trying to connect to the old one. It's something that's supposed to resolve on its own -- in the meantime, just keep trying and you should get thru.

Miss 1929

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I don't understand...

Why the local server would have trouble with it when I Googled it, as it did. I expected my bookmarks to be funky. And for me, also the morning was unavailable and the afternoon not. How strange.

Luckily, I have a bartender coming to visit me later today, so I can kvetch in person!

Warbaby

One Too Many
I've been getting 'server not found' messages but only late at night. I'd just assumed that the geeks behind the curtain were still tinkering with migration issues.

Note to MK, the Bartenders, and the GBTC: Would it help the troubleshooting if we all log our downtimes and locations and post them daily?

Warbaby

One Too Many
I've also noticed that my post count hasn't gone up with my posts of the last couple of days. In fact, it's now showing two posts less than it was two days ago. I don't really care about post numbers - just thought it might be indicative of some glitch of which the GBTC aren't aware.

Added after posting this - the counter did go up with this post.

olive bleu

One Too Many
also are we still loosing posts? My# of posts seems to be flucuating...

ok..i just noticed WARBABY just said the same thing..oops

Tango Yankee

Call Me a Cab
I've not been able to connect from home at all since the immediately after it came back up. I've tried the refresh, I've tried clearing my cookies and history, I've tried pinging, and nslookup.

Now that I know that it's been up I may have to reconfigure my connection at home; I'm behind a router so that may be causing problems.

Cheers,
Tom

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dickiedust