Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Tron Legacy

Vanessa

One Too Many
DanielJones said:
I've been waiting a long time for this one. I'm surprised & a bit pleased that they are showing Jeff Bridges character as a villain.

Ditto. I'm quite interested to see the new movie. I was excited to see Bridges has returned.

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
Greetings Programs!

Flynn as the villain could just be Flynn's "Clu" character running amok in the System. I love that it isn't 100% CG, and that the characters are in costume with lighting, albeit better looking leather costumes. One thing I noticed in the teaser trailer was that the riders were one with the light bike. The back portion of the bike was attaches to the back of the character & it can be seen in one shot. Sort of an extension of the program body. Pretty cool. :)

Cheers!

Dan

Mr Vim

One Too Many
Really? This movie has not been discussed in over a year? I am very shocked.

This film and the original Tron, are very much what this forum is about. The digitization of our everyday lives.

I just returned from watching Tron: Legacy and despite all the surprisingly negative reviews of the movie... I loved every second of the film.

This film was the first of the recent slew of sequels to films that are twenty plus years old that gets it right in my opinion. The updated style of the Grid Universe, the acting, the characters development and motivations, the effects and soundtrack are phenomenal. I do not want to spoil anything yet, but when folks do start posting here they've seen the film, I hope to discuss what others thought. With that I leave you with Tron's main function...

"I protect... the user!"

Miss Golightly

Call Me a Cab
Tron was the first movie I ever saw in the cinema - I can't say it was my choice as I was dragged along by my brothers - from what I've seen of the new movie it could be pretty good....

Mr Vim

One Too Many
I know, I'm shocked as well. Tron is really what the FLounge is all about.......

I agree completely. Not the actually the content of the forums per se, but the idea of logging in to a system of digital origin, basically entering a separate world and interacting with people that you have never met, who are countless miles away... these films, especially the newest one, are sort of a social critique on the technology of our times.

The film is rather good, but it does not focus on our own society loudly... it is very subtle, perhaps it is only my perception of the film. Aintitcool news has some rather interesting reviews about the film's content... if anyone has seen the film, aside from talking about it here, I would recommend checking out their website.

Mr Vim

One Too Many
Oh I get it now Tomasso was being sarcastic. But seriously, the Tron films are a pantomime of what we do on a daily basis which is to represent ourselves through a completely digital format, you all can disagree with me, but you cannot deny that your user identity on this website or any others is purely digital and necessitates or rather obligates you to represent yourself in a medium that has become the status quo of these modern times.

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up
Oh I get it now Tomasso was being sarcastic. But seriously, the Tron films are a pantomime of what we do on a daily basis which is to represent ourselves through a completely digital format, you all can disagree with me, but you cannot deny that your user identity on this website or any others is purely digital and necessitates or rather obligates you to represent yourself in a medium that has become the status quo of these modern times.

Yeah, the technology aspect is correct, Mr. Vim.

Mr Vim

One Too Many
Man, I just read what I wrote, very wordy, not very like me at all, that's the last time I post after coming home from a night out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dickiedust