Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

tom cruise

MrBern

I'll Lock Up
I'm totally amazed & impressed. I just heard a broadcast of Cruise apologizing to a student group for being late. Seems he was flying his P-51 Mustang & hit bad weather. I've checked his bio, & its true he has a mustang.

"Earned his pilot's license in Toronto in 1994.
Owns and operates "Montana Miss" a WWII P-51 Mustang."

Hemingway Jones

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
I am impressed that he is a pilot, but he is still what I call "functionally insane." He also says, perhaps, some of the stupidest things I have ever heard. His attitudes on depression and addiction are ponderous.

MrBern

I'll Lock Up
Hemingway Jones said:
I am impressed that he is a pilot, but he is still what I call "functionally insane." He also says, perhaps, some of the stupidest things I have ever heard. His attitudes on depression and addiction are ponderous.

Well his bio also says that he suffers from dyslexia.
I've read that he cured his dyslexia thru scientology.

People with learning disabilities can often be hard to decipher.

MrBern

I'll Lock Up
Vladimir Berkov said:
From what I can tell about Tom Cruise, the remark was probably just intended to wow and impress the audience with his money and coolness.

He was addressing students, so yes, I think he was trying to impress the kiddies. Who wants to disappoint kids?

And he seemed to want to make it clear that he was not some star who was late for every appearance. He kept apologizing for being late & said that he was NEVER late for anything but that the weather report was clear, but it wasnt. And he asked if they knew what a P51 is.

So I wouldnt fault him to show off around kids. I think jumping on Oprah's couch was rediculous, but this time, I'm jsut impressed that he can actually fly a fighter.

MrBern

I'll Lock Up
Maj.Nick Danger said:

Is something I could never take seriously. lol

But the fact that he flies his own P51 is cool. :cool:

Last summer, during the Warofthe Worlds press interviews, a german magazine really went after him. The Germans regard scientology as a dangerous cult. I wont get more into it but for a laugh, check out the southpark slam on scientology & Tom Cruise.

As for 'war of the worlds'....I wish he'd made a movie about his P51Mustang instead.

Hemingway Jones

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
MrBern said:
Well his bio also says that he suffers from dyslexia.
I've read that he cured his dyslexia thru scientology.

People with learning disabilities can often be hard to decipher.
You give him far more lattitude than I do. Of course, I loathe celebrities, especially vapid, self-important fools such as Mr. Cruise.

And there are other ways to cure dyslexia that do not involve space aliens and hooking oneself up to biofeedback machines.

Mycroft

One Too Many
MrBern said:
I'm totally amazed & impressed. I just heard a broadcast of Cruise apologizing to a student group for being late. Seems he was flying his P-51 Mustang & hit bad weather. I've checked his bio, & its true he has a mustang.

"Earned his pilot's license in Toronto in 1994.
Owns and operates "Montana Miss" a WWII P-51 Mustang."

Best excuse ever. Man, though he may be rough around the edges and such he is not that bad and I think he is not just a nothing actor and he has evolved in alot of ways.

mysterygal

Call Me a Cab
From what I've heard of Tom Cruise, his character is seriously lacking..which is probably true for most people in hollywood, but I do give it to him for apologizing to the kids...although he does seem to be a perfectionist. And don't get me started on scientology!:rolleyes: It's amazing how many people believe in it *sighs* oh well.

MrBern

I'll Lock Up
Hemingway Jones said:
You give him far more lattitude than I do. Of course, I loathe celebrities, especially vapid, self-important fools such as Mr. Cruise.

And there are other ways to cure dyslexia that do not involve space aliens and hooking oneself up to biofeedback machines.

yeah, I think of him as rather vapid as well. So thought its interesting that he's a pilot & P51 owner. I'm glad that it drew some interest here.

Maj.Nick Danger

I'll Lock Up
Went there, but the link was missing.

MrBern said:
Last summer, during the Warofthe Worlds press interviews, a german magazine really went after him. The Germans regard scientology as a dangerous cult. I wont get more into it but for a laugh, check out the southpark slam on scientology & Tom Cruise.

As for 'war of the worlds'....I wish he'd made a movie about his P51Mustang instead.
There were red letters that said, "This video has been removed due to terms of use violation." ( Or something like that.)

Anyway, I can just imagine how much my sides would hurt from laughing at the Southpark take on this! I'll be looking for it.

Hemingway Jones

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
You know, in replying to this thread, I didn't realize that it was in the WWII section. I kind of thought it was in The Observation Bar. So, I should have confined my statements to the plane and his piloting of it, regardless of my opinion of his character, or lack thereof.

So, I apologize for mucking up your thread, Mr. Bern with my just off topic rantings and nonsense. But at least I get to use this smiley: :eek:fftopic: ;) :)

MrBern

I'll Lock Up
the off-topic topic

Hemingway Jones said:
You know, in replying to this thread, I didn't realize that it was in the WWII section. I kind of thought it was in The Observation Bar. So, I should have confined my statements to the plane and his piloting of it, regardless of my opinion of his character, or lack thereof.

So, I apologize for mucking up your thread, Mr. Bern with my just off topic rantings and nonsense. But at least I get to use this smiley: :eek:fftopic: ;) :)

Hey HEM, I'm not a moderator, and I dont think anything nasty or weird got posted. I shouldve posted this in the observation bar so we couldve let the thread progress w/o constraints.

penfencer

Familiar Face
The Mustang is a beautiful plane.

I have a few instruments and a co-pilot's window from a B-17. I'm working on getting the rest of the plane someday.:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HiredGun