Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Those darn moth nips......

Marcus

A-List Customer
I will assume most of you have picked up suits at one time or another that have small holes from moths or whatever. Is there recommended way to fix these? Thread and needle and just sew it up? Backing piece of material? Any pointers would be great.

Thanks,
Marcus

Vintage Betty

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Here's a tip: Take it to a rug expert instead of a reweaving expert. Costs much less, but be sure to chat with them in advance about how they are going to finish the repair and baste it down to last. My rug expert did an amazing job but "forgot" to baste it down and the re-weaving eventually loosened up. Was very very cheap in comparison to a reweaving expert, even if the job needed to be done again.

Vintage Betty

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Marcus said:
Rug experts? I wouldn't have the first clue where to look for that. I've yet to find an actual tailor around me for that matter. Seems like a lost art.

Yellow pages >> Rug Cleaning

Yellow pages >> Rug Repair

Oriental rug repair near Fallbrook, CA

Zeitounian Rugs & Repair

Clothing Reweavers near Fallbrook, CA

Artistic Reweaving
16182 Cayenne Ridge Rd
San Diego, CA 92127-3707
(858) 592-7799

Tailor shops near Fallbrook, CA

Vega's Tailor Shops

And one of many discussions about reweavers in the FL on this recent discussion page, including other resources available by mail order (scroll UP the page)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe