Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The ugliest motorcycle jacket ever made.

reetpleat

Call Me a Cab
I had to laugh when I got this message on e-bay concerning something I am selling.

What a bold move; you have tons of courage to post this jacket for sale on ebay man. I really believe that his jacket has to take the prize for the ugliest motorcycle jacket ever. I don't think I could ever muster the courage to admit that I ever owned such an item. Good luck selling this thing man. I'm going to have to watch the bidding on this just for the sake of cruiousity.

I won't comment on the kind of person who feels free to be negative and insulting to a perfect stranger. I will assume he is just a person who is direct by nature and has a bit of a sense of humor.

But It made me laugh so I thought I would share. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but I honestly have to admit he may be right.

I never owned it so I take no offense. I bought two jackets and two pants and have laready made a profit, so what do I care. Funny thing is this is an expensive jacket that someone must have paid at least four hundred bucks or more for this custom work. It came from a local custom shop that was not cheap when they were still open.

So, what do you think? You can decide for yourself.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...STRK:MESE:IT&viewitem=&item=130201407369&rd=1

Tango Yankee

Call Me a Cab
Well, it's certainly not my cup of tea, that's for sure!

On the other hand, I've been told that my own riding jacket (suit) tends to assault the eyes, so what do I know? :eusa_doh:

Cheers,
Tom

PS It does tone down a bit as it gets older...

ScotlandTrip_0005.jpg

TomatCadwellPark-Mansfieldturn200dp.jpg

TomwithGTinCharleston.jpg

reetpleat

Call Me a Cab
Tango Yankee said:
Well, it's certainly not my cup of tea, that's for sure!

On the other hand, I've been told that my own riding jacket (suit) tends to assault the eyes, so what do I know? :eusa_doh:

Cheers,
Tom

PS It does tone down a bit as it gets older...

ScotlandTrip_0005.jpg

TomatCadwellPark-Mansfieldturn200dp.jpg

TomwithGTinCharleston.jpg

Well, I tend to wear a black vintage langlitz jacket when I ride.

But if I were smarter, I would be trying to assault as many drivers' eyes as possible. Better safe than sorry, literally.

fishmeok

Vendor
Yeah, that was a pretty rude message, but WOW....

I wonder if it could be dyed into something wearable? It's a really nice jacket otherwise.

Cheers
Mark

Warbaby

One Too Many
That jacket is sooo bizarre!

I immediately started wondering what sort of person would wear it and with what. The first thing that came to mind was mint green golf pants and a Vespa...

pgoat

One Too Many
It's different, all right.....maybe it was designed for Desert Storm patrols?

On a positive side, automobile drivers will certainly spot you...so it's a safety improvement of sorts. This may be offset by the fact that it could also blind everyone within a mile - including the person wearing it (not so safe).

I once was cleaning out my bicycle parts bin on ebay and a guy wrote me an insulting email about an old BMX wheel hub I was selling for $2. "you're stupid, it will never sell, blah blah blah"....What a loser....

It wound up selling for $5 - I was happy, the buyer was happy - what's not to love?

reetpleat

Call Me a Cab
Warbaby said:
That jacket is sooo bizarre!

I immediately started wondering what sort of person would wear it and with what. The first thing that came to mind was mint green golf pants and a Vespa...

I thought of dying it too, but it has the dots so it would still come out funny.

I bought two sets of jacket and pants matching. It was a husband and wife. So, imagine a couple in their late fifties in matching outfits on their matching goldwings. I could see it.

Nigel Fisher

New in Town
That is a truly odd jacket.

Why would anyone buy it? I personally think it would never be worn. And by the way - great yellow suit, Tango Yankee! Very eye-catching.

Tango Yankee

Call Me a Cab
Thanks, Nigel. It's the old see-and-be-seen bit. I'm a motorcycle safety instructor so it's a case of practicing what I preach. The suit is a Roadcrafter II from Aerostich. It's worn over street clothes, and can be put on or taken off in seconds. It's primary weakness, though, is summer. Not enough vents, especially if behing a large or efficient fairing. Other then that it's great!

Regards,
Tom

reetpleat

Call Me a Cab
Just had to repost it. Link corrected. Apparently, E-bay pulled it for being too ugly.

Actully, they pulled it for saying Langlitz style in the heading. I didn't know that was against the rules.

I see this was moved to classified. I don't really mind, but I have no illusions about anyone on the lounge buying it. In fact, I have few illusions about anyone buying it.

I started it at 20 bucks, and had three watchers. But them I decided if anyone was willing to buy it, they would probably be willing to pay $100. Prices are funny sometimes. People value it based on your price. I will occasionally sell a couch on craigslits and get no interest at $100 but if I put it at $200 I will get two or three people interested.

Funny.

Josephine

One Too Many
:eek:fftopic: I read an article about a man who started making very nice birdhouses, and put them in the "classified" section of bird magazines, at $20, and got no takers. I'm not sure how he figured this next bit out, or if someone told him to, but he then raised his price to $75 and the houses were snapped up. Apparently people thought they weren't very good quality, etc at just $20, but figured if they were $75 then they were, even though the houses were exactly the same.

RIOT

Practically Family
Odd yet interesting. Maybe if you take it out of ebaymotors you would get more bites? Hah! It's not like it already looks like it's been through a swarm or angry bees. j/k!

reetpleat

Call Me a Cab
I have a huge old paper cutter for a printing shop. This is a huge maybe ton or two heavy metal and wood thing. It is probably pretty valuable to the right person.

I have had it on a printing equipment site and craigslist for $100 and gotten a few bites, but no one actually making an appointment to show up. Now I reposted it on cl for $300 and seem to have a couple of interested buyers.

I imagine if you needed one you might have to pay $1000 or more for a similar piece of equipment, so it is all relative.

reetpleat

Call Me a Cab
scotrace said:
"Motorcycle jacket" is too restrictive. That is the ugliest garment ever produced. :)

If I had this in a three button suit style with matching pants in a slim cut flat front low rise style, I would have no hesitation in listing it at $1000 and expecting it to sell.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jrichards1007