Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Resistol Roundup

This Resistol Twenty Madison model in Cordova color finally arrived today. Has 2 1/2 inch brim with Cavanagh edge and 5 1/4 inch open crown. The felt slightly resembles a velour finish to me. The only flaw is where I drooled on it near the pinch taking it out of it's virtually new-looking box. The hat is a darker color than in the seller's ad, in case you're wondering if this is the same hat.
Primo hat for sure. Congrats Mike.

MikeinRome

Practically Family
Primo hat for sure. Congrats Mike.
Thanks, Blare. I don't know squat about Resistol hats, but if this isn't a 40's hat, I'd appreciate someone showing me what mfg tags are in a 40's hat. This hat wasn't advertised as a Twenty or even as a Resistol. It was called "Antique hat and box" which is probably why nobody snatched it up before me.

Thanks, Blare. I don't know squat about Resistol hats, but if this isn't a 40's hat, I'd appreciate someone showing me what mfg tags are in a 40's hat. This hat wasn't advertised as a Twenty or even as a Resistol. It was called "Antique hat and box" which is probably why nobody snatched it up before me.
I don’t know the dates, Mike. But it is my understanding that this logo on your hat with the triangular O in Resistol is the older one. My Resistol hats are all Beaver 15s with the later logo. I believe mine to be about mid 1950s hats and they are among some of my finest felts… I can only imagine an earlier Twenty would be top notch! Its been said before… but Resistol was doing a lot right in that era.

IMG_20240420_171900753_HDR Copy.jpeg
IMG_20240420_171921325_PORTRAIT_Original.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters