Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Finest Compliments You've Ever Received

Chas

One Too Many
"You have a lot of soul." ~ one of my coworkers, Ronnie from Zimbabwe.

"I have never, ever regretted being married to you". ~ my ex, in the same conversation where she asked for a separation.

"you guys saved my life. Thank you." ~ a former patient of mine, who recognized me in a shopping mall. She was referring to myself and the other staff at a detox center where I once worked.

HepKitty

One Too Many
"If I had a plane I would paint you on the nose" - Kenny, pilot

"the dress is great but the real eye candy was you sitting in the cockpit of that Skyraider" - Steve, another pilot also tae kwon do instructor

"you saved my life!!!" - Danny, crew chief for Blue Angel #1, who obviously has a much more important job than I. I was just at the other end of the rope

Chainsaw

Suspended
LizzieMaine said:
Being loved by a cat. There is no greater compliment a mere human being can receive.

Yes, we must worship the pussy! There is no higher power than the pussy! We should get on our knees and worship the pussy!

One too many? You decide. I don't believe you from Egypt!

Viola

Call Me a Cab
"I don't know how common you think girls like you are. But they are not. Don't argue. I've looked for them harder than you have." - my husband.

Big Man

My Mail is Forwarded Here
"I've loved you more than my own [children]." My grandmother, at age 101, said this to me just a few days before she died.

lolly_loisides

One Too Many
"You are a terrific Hon" (if you're a Nancy Mitford fan you'll understand the reference).
"My life is infinitely richer because you're in it"
"Don't tell your sister, but you are my favourite daughter"

You know how it is, just the usual compliments :)

Miss Moonlight

A-List Customer
"I learned so much from you. You changed my life for the better."

That was the last two boyfriends when I left them. It's very nice to know I might have had a positive impact on someone. However.... I would like to find a man who's already assembled. ;) (They're out there, I just haven't had the luck yet!)

LordBest

Practically Family
"We strongly suspect Daniel of smuggling jam doughnuts into the school to sell to his fellow students in flagrant disregard of the canteen healthy food policy. He is, however, too smart to get caught. The boy will go far."

"Looks French*, sounds English**, acts German***"
Kind of the friend to say, but I don't agree:
*I really don't, not emaciated enough to be a Frenchman
** Well, possibly.
*** I assume this references my unholy, though purely platonic, love of German sausages.

"Had my son lived, I would have hoped he grew up to be like you."
From a dear old gentleman antiquarian in Louisiana I befriended.

Spitfire

I'll Lock Up
“Søren har skabt mange fantastiske kommunikationsløsninger. Men der der faktisk én ting, som Søren har skabt endnu flere af. Det er talenter. Med Sørens erfaring, kompetence og teamspirit vokser hele holdet op i de berømte skyer. Det er ligesom med Miles Davis. Et kvalitetsstempel at have spillet med ham.” March 24, 2010

From LinkedIn.

"Soren has created many fantastic communication solutions. But there's actually one thing Soren has created even more of: Talents!
With his experience, competence and teamspirit, he lifts the whole team up in the famous seventh heaven. Just like Miles Davis - it's a badge of quality to have played - or worked - with him."
Written by a young collegue of mine.
:eek:

The Lonely Navigator

Practically Family
Many of the compliments I've gotten were with regards to my inner strength - determination - will power - courage and being diplomatic.

I've had quite a few people say to me, "I wish I was like you (or I wish I was more like you)." w/ regards to the above descriptions.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
actimally