Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The BORSALINO BROTHERHOOD

DRB

One Too Many
MV: That is a great hat for you. The lighter color should allow you to wear it with more of a variety of clothing. Happy for you. Borsalino''s are great aren't they? My granddaughter likes them too!
Oct30201021.jpg

And so does my daughter:
Oct1220103.jpg

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
Wow! Outstanding looking Borso, and looks to be in absolutely pristine condition! I like seeing that particular ribbon width on a Borso. Great looking lid, Steve. Congrats. :eusa_clap

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
Point of interest -- as rlk mentioned some weeks ago, this is an example of a Borso with a yellowed oil silk liner dating from the late 50's. Duly noted, Robert...;)

(Also, note the taped sweat)......

Last edited:
Jimmy, Thanks! I like the ribbon width too. Supposedly it was only worn to church. :)

Hatophile, Thanks! Its a light gray so probably just the flash effect.

rlk

I'll Lock Up
Point of interest -- as rlk mentioned some weeks ago, this is an example of a Borso with a yellowed oil silk liner dating from the late 50's. Duly noted, Robert...;)

(Also, note the taped sweat)......
Yup, these European Borso's are just impossible to date...unless stamped of course:)

A beautiful example.

I have some Maysers with similar date stamps + similar condition. I am thinking it is from the hat shop that sold it. Now that I look at it again the stamp was after the Punti size paper label was removed.

Last edited:

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
Well I just got my newer Borsalino from ebay yesterday. The auction said it was a dark grey, but to my surprise and excitement, the hat is actually a very nice shade of green. The thin ribbon and brim binding are a very nice shade of green as well. This hat is most definitely going to be my FedoraFest 3 hat. Heres some pics:

02122011129.jpg

DSC04885.jpg

DSC04886.jpg

DSC04884.jpg

DSC04882.jpg

DSC04887.jpg

DSC04892.jpg

DSC04893.jpg

DSC04895.jpg

DSC04896.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads