Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The BORSALINO BROTHERHOOD

Borsalino marque grand luxe, 5X velour finish. I have two examples of this hat that could be twins, except that the gray one is noticeably lighter felt than the brown one. I'll have to weight them to see if there is a real difference, or just a normal range within the same style.

marque_grand_luxe.jpg

marque_grand_luxe2.jpg

cheers,
Alan

danofarlington

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Borsalino marque grand luxe, 5X velour finish. I have two examples of this hat that could be twins, except that the gray one is noticeably lighter felt than the brown one. I'll have to weight them to see if there is a real difference, or just a normal range within the same style.

marque_grand_luxe.jpg

[

Very nice. It seems as though you and Borsalinos are made for each other.

GamaH

A-List Customer
Not related to the hat, but nice coat, Alan!

Anyway, I'm getting a San Remo and Gazella as soon as I get back stateside. Has anyone here had any experience with these hats?

Thanks for the thumbs up!

Not related to the hat, but nice coat, Alan!
Anyway, I'm getting a San Remo and Gazella as soon as I get back stateside. Has anyone here had any experience with these hats?

I have two contemporary Borsalinos though not these models. It's a very personal decision, but for myself, I feel $200-$300 will buy much more hat in a vintage Borsalino than a new one. Just sayin'

Mobile Vulgus

One Too Many
Well, I got my first Borsalino today and I am really very impressed with the quality, here.

The felt is soft as butter and can hold any shape well. The furnishings are top notch.

And it came in a Bosalino box, too, which I am very happy about.
Anyone got an idea on the age of this one?

I like it.

5413979970_934ba72fd7.jpg

5413970218_5104ab1030.jpg

5413359377_954c960173.jpg

5413970272_c33db4564b.jpg

It's a beauty MV... only a guess without the labels, but I would say late sixties or seventies on your new Borso. Lovely condition.

Last edited:

monbla256

Call Me a Cab
Well, I got my first Borsalino today and I am really very impressed with the quality, here.

The felt is soft as butter and can hold any shape well. The furnishings are top notch.

And it came in a Bosalino box, too, which I am very happy about.
Anyone got an idea on the age of this one?

I like it.

5413970272_c33db4564b.jpg

THAT Borso is the BEST looking hat I've seen on your head MV ! Looks natural with your face shape, color is GREAT and works SO WELL with your flight jacket ! I'd drool with envy if I didn't think it would freeze solid on it's way down :) NICE,NICE hat !

Onward thru the SNOW now :)

Mobile Vulgus

One Too Many
The liner is sewn in and not glued, as well. This is one quality piece, I have to say. A good one for my first Borso, indeed mayserwegener.

fluteplayer07

One Too Many
Very nice. I agree with Alan; late sixties (seventies? I have a sixties Borso with the oval crest liner) looks right to me for that liner. Can't tell the color of the sweat, dark brown or black?

Last edited:

Mobile Vulgus

One Too Many
Very nice. I agree with Alan; late sixties (seventies? I have a sixties Borso with the oval crest liner) looks right to me for that liner. Can't tell the color of the sweat, dark brown or black?

Dark brown. A wide one at 2-1/8 inches, too. Thanks for the dating help. I am wholly unfamiliar with the Borsos. This is the very first one I've ever handled.

delectans

Call Me a Cab
Wow, M.V., you really are on a roll! Love the color and it looks splendid on your noggin. Hard to accurately date Borsalinos, but it certainly appears to be a beautiful example.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dickiedust