Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Art of Layering

Don_Tuccinini

New in Town
Most people don't understand that wearing more than a basic suit is illegal. But i'm here to say it's not. If you throw a vest in there it adds a little flavor. Or a thin sweater of light or dark color to add a little flair, and something not seen as commonly,or on the chilly days add a long knee or ankle coat, with maybe a scarf. Or even a jacket works to. What i want to know is your opinion and what looks best when layering a suit. Or even suggestions on what else you can throw in there. :D

Lonny

One of the Regulars
I don't think I ever want a suit that does not have a vest, for me, ever since I was a kid it just completes the image for me and I love it.
As for top coats, I think they're a must during the winter.
I could also go for a light sweater underneath the suit jacket, they can look great.

Mr Vim

One Too Many
I have always found that the three piece to be a timeless classic no matter what the suit's design. There is always the added bonus of taking off the jacket and just wearing the vest and still looking dapper as all get out. I own one suit currently that is a three piece and I am eyeballing another.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe