Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

That Forties Guy

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home

For newer Loungers (and maybe a few of the vets), please let me introduce you to an extraordinary fellow: JOSH CURTIS.

Josh is amazing: he is the highest devotee of the Golden Era. Josh has gone out and made friends with the last of the '30s and '40s Hollywood stars; he has assembled a memorabilia collection that is first rate; the quantity and quality of his vintage World War II uniforms is staggering; and his many vintage cars are nifty too. Oh, and he's also an excellent artist and photographer.

Here are some original vintage photos from his own collection: http://www.thatfortiesguy.com/vintagephotos.html

Take a look at Josh's website. It will give you a sense of what this "Mr. Golden Era" is all about: http://www.thatfortiesguy.com/

Caledonia

Practically Family
That's pretty amazing for a solo effort!

When you think about it though, and totally not detracting from the above, the Lounge must have a pretty astounding collection too. Memories, skills, contacts, and all the "stuff" we've all collected.

Obviously there are always historians, collectors, collections etc out there, but the FL, and I'm being serious here, must be or becoming a significant and valuable historical resource in its own right, principally through the fact that it is a network, but extend the thought and there is a huge collection out there. Not sure I'm making myself as clear as I could. What I mean is....

Between us all (how many now? and how many that drop in but aren't members?), what we know, have, and are, is probably a living, breathing museum. If we all got together with our "stuff" and knowledge and stood on a great plain somewhere, somebody would slap a conservation/preservation order on us!

Or has somebody said all this before. Sorry guys... repetition is my forte. :rolleyes:

twobarbreak

One of the Regulars
Caledonia said:
Obviously there are always historians, collectors, collections etc out there, but the FL, and I'm being serious here, must be or becoming a significant and valuable historical resource in its own right, principally through the fact that it is a network, but extend the thought and there is a huge collection out there.

I couldn't agree more....

Everyone seems to be knowledgeable in different area's, obviously with common ground being Fashion from a Bygone era...

what better place to start, share, ask questions and enjoy yourself with others that feel the same way....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe