Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Super nice, late 40's - early 50's Borsalino Fedora - Size 7 1/4

Mountain Man

A-List Customer
Just in time for Autumn - as Keats, I believe, called it "Season of mists and mellow fruitfulness" - I have decided to slim down the collection a bit - I just have too many hats - got this one about 5 years ago, and I may have worn it 5 times. The problem is this, the hat is just too darn nice! When I go out with this hat on my head, I am paranoid about it getting stolen, getting blown off and run over by a truck or getting dive-bombed by a bird.

The labeling and dimensions of this hat lead me to think it is a product of the late 40's or very early 50's - the felt is very substantial, yet soft and pliable, and the sweatband, lining, etc. are clean, supple and free of damage. There are no moth nips, scuffs, stains or smells. The only flaw is that the wind trolley is missing, and there is a tiny bit of the cord left to show that there was once one on the hat.

Clearly labeled as a 7 1/4, it fits me very comfortably, and I have always worn 7 1/4 hats - if you wear a 1/8, it will be too loose and if you wear a 3/8, it will be a mite tight. The color is a bit hard to describe - in some light it looks like a "mink" brown, and in others it takes on a bronze or almost olive hue. The ribbon is a medium, close to russet brown. The brim is stitched with an underwelt. Brim measures 2 3/4", and crown is approx 5 3/4" unblocked. The ribbon is 1 7/8" wide.

I am putting it on the Lounge for a couple of days - then (maybe) off to the 'Bay.

Price is $200 shipped in USA - if you are overseas, please inquire for shipping cost.
IMG_0039-1.jpg

IMG_0038-1.jpg

IMG_0040-1.jpg

IMG_0041.jpg

Mountain Man

A-List Customer
Off to the 'Bay -
http://www.ebay.com/itm/180735202419?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

QUOTE=Mountain Man;1318282]Just in time for Autumn - as Keats, I believe, called it "Season of mists and mellow fruitfulness" - I have decided to slim down the collection a bit - I just have too many hats - got this one about 5 years ago, and I may have worn it 5 times. The problem is this, the hat is just too darn nice! When I go out with this hat on my head, I am paranoid about it getting stolen, getting blown off and run over by a truck or getting dive-bombed by a bird.

The labeling and dimensions of this hat lead me to think it is a product of the late 40's or very early 50's - the felt is very substantial, yet soft and pliable, and the sweatband, lining, etc. are clean, supple and free of damage. There are no moth nips, scuffs, stains or smells. The only flaw is that the wind trolley is missing, and there is a tiny bit of the cord left to show that there was once one on the hat.

Clearly labeled as a 7 1/4, it fits me very comfortably, and I have always worn 7 1/4 hats - if you wear a 1/8, it will be too loose and if you wear a 3/8, it will be a mite tight. The color is a bit hard to describe - in some light it looks like a "mink" brown, and in others it takes on a bronze or almost olive hue. The ribbon is a medium, close to russet brown. The brim is stitched with an underwelt. Brim measures 2 3/4", and crown is approx 5 3/4" unblocked. The ribbon is 1 7/8" wide.

I am putting it on the Lounge for a couple of days - then (maybe) off to the 'Bay.

Price is $200 shipped in USA - if you are overseas, please inquire for shipping cost.
IMG_0039-1.jpg

IMG_0038-1.jpg

IMG_0040-1.jpg

IMG_0041.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jrichards1007