Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Stylemaster: Bluegrass Green (Anyone have one?)

Barry

Practically Family
Akubra will "custom make" Stylemasters in a couple of colors including Bluegrass Green, Navy Blue and another color, I forget which.

Does anyone have the Bluegrass Green? If so, can you post a picture or two? I just ordered one in Acorn. I think this might be the hat for me given the crown height and brim width.

Thanks

Looks a bit like this... I'd like to see some other shots though. Any help would be appreciated.

aku_fas_stylmaster_bluegrass_green2.jpg

RBH

Bartender
Good looking hat there

I cant help you out there. But that is a great looking hat. I have a CampDraft {OK, so I like the thin ribbon hats} that should be here next week. From what I have heard Akubra is a good hat. Also they have a reasonable price.
Be sure to post pics when you get it.

Barry

Practically Family
RBH said:
I cant help you out there. But that is a great looking hat. I have a CampDraft
{OK, so I like the thin ribbon hats} that should be here next week. From what I have heard Akubra is a good hat. Also they have a reasonable price.
Be sure to post pics when you get it.

Will do. I have the "Fed" but I feel the brim is just a little bit too big for me. I usually wear it to work when it's raining outside. It's basically my foul weather fedora. I wish I felt more comfortable wearing it everyday. [huh]

jake_fink

Call Me a Cab
Were you looking for pictures of the bluegrass? If it's a custum there probably won't be many - if there are any - who have it. I have a very old Style master that I wear a lot in the summer time. Here's a pic of that if it helps.

dcedit.jpg

RBH

Bartender
As a side note

doesnt Akubra have some cool names for their hats?
A few-- Campdraft, Stylemaster, Squatter and the Pastoralist.
Im sure there are more. It reminds me of the day when Stetson and the other hatters had names for their hats that you could remember.

Barry

Practically Family
jake_fink said:
Were you looking for pictures of the bluegrass? If it's a custum there probably won't be many - if there are any - who have it. I have a very old Style master that I wear a lot in the summer time. Here's a pic of that if it helps.

dcedit.jpg

Thanks! That helps a lot. It should be great. I'm looking forward to the arrival of my new Akubra.

Barry

Doctor Strange

I'll Lock Up
For what it's worth, HatsDirect has an image of the Akubra Plainsman in that color. Not sure if this link will work, you might have to navigate on your own (or maybe change the Color selection pulldown):

http://www.hatsdirect.com/cgi/products.cgi?view=23&returncat=Akubra+Hats&returnpage=1

(BTW, I'm currently two weeks into the approximately ten-week wait for an Akubra Stockman in Glen Grey, which I ordered from Aussie Bush Hats & Oilskins, who had the best price. The wait is torture!)

Havana

One of the Regulars
The picture at the top of the thread is interesting. The poster seems be of the correct orientation according to the Akubra name printed on it but the image of the hat has been reversed. The ribbon is shown on the wrong side! That's definitely not how they really are.
I see that Strandhatters stock a Stylemaster in Navy. You might want to check that one out if you're after a blueish tint. Strandhatters is a bit more expensive than some of the other vendors but they often stock unique colors.
http://www.strandhatters.com.au/cache/header-17public__0-0.html?cache=no

Doctor Strange

I'll Lock Up
So the image in the poster is "flopped" (reversed left-right and wrong-reading) - that has always been a very common practice in advertising and design, where appearance and artistic balance often take precedence over strict accuracy. No big deal, really.

I suppose that the image could be considered misleading, but come on, we can assume that after 100 years in biz, Akubra knows which side the bow belongs on!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Conley