Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Style Icon: Cary Grant

carygrant2.jpg

grant43.jpg

c-33-w-cary-grant-2.jpg

CaryGrant.jpg

sexy%20sixty.jpg

12-p1.jpg

5-p4.jpg

5-p1.jpg

5-p3.jpg

8-p6.jpg

armod

Familiar Face
an ex girlfirend of mine caused a stink saying that my choice of matching a blue/grey suit with brown shoes.

I suggested she watch north by northwest

Ghostsoldier

Call Me a Cab
One of my favorite, all-time actors....

Ah....the quintessential Man of Style...impeccable and sartorially correct, as always....my wife swoons every time she see's one of his movies...and we have quite a few of those in our collection...:)
Rob

carldelo

One Too Many
Matt Deckard said:
Way too many good photos.

The reason the hat doesn't look that good on him is because he was an extreme wide oval and I don't think he went to a hatter to have one made for his head unless it was a stiff hat.

By wide oval I guess that means tending towards circular? Interesting how few of the pictures show the style master in a hat - maybe someone should be blaming the demise of the lid on Grant, not Kennedy, 'cause he just looked so damn good without one....

WH1

Practically Family
First off let me state I am biased on Cary Grant I have always admired his pictures, his style and the man himself. He is my favorite actor and the style icon I respect the most. I have always believed that he and Jimmy Stewart had a basic decency and quality of character which showed whenever they were on screen. My favorite performance by Grant is Walter Eckland in Father Goose, on of his last movies and one of his funniest.

The interesting thing I notice in these pictures is that as his face matured and developed character he got better looking. As a young man he was almost too good looking and it contrasted with his clothing. But as he matured his sense of self and style did too and it shows in that he looks more at ease and relaxed in his clothing. As a young man he looks somewhat stiff and in costume. We should all look that comfortable in our clothes and own skin he always looks as though he knows exactly who he is and what he is about.

As far as his role in the demise of the hat. He looked good in a certain type of hat IMO the pork pie crown fedora was a good look on his, see Philadelphia Story opening sequences.

WH1

Practically Family
By the way thank you for taking the time to post this collection of photos, outstanding. Have you read the book Cary Grant: A Celebration of Style. Excellent volume on the man and his lifestyle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
centurionslut