Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

STRUM LEATHER ?

fabiofades

New in Town
Hello everyone, after purchasing my LW Speed Demon, I am looking for a finer and more dressy leather to go to work. I wanted a jacket to wear to the office. What do you think of this new Strum brand? I know there are a lot of purists here, but the quality looks impressive. Thank you for your feedback!

fabiofades

New in Town
no one seems interested in this brand!

Icône de validation par la communauté

fabiofades

New in Town
Les vestes comme celles-ci sont la raison pour laquelle les gens ont commencé à s'intéresser au vintage. Je pensais qu'elles avaient l'air moche sur les photos, mais elles sont encore pires

Jackets like these are the reason people started looking into vintage. I though they look bad on the photos but they're even worse in the video.
How do you see so quickly that it’s shit?

fabiofades

New in Town
I've been into this for a while plus it's fairly obvious.
https://strum.jp/en/collections/leather-wear/products/stl079-04-black
This is on the level you would get from websites such as "filmovieleatherjackethero". And the dyed jackets from the video look even worse, with the "darkened" edges. They just look cheap. Flat, without substance. Vinyl. Plus there's no pattern to speak of, just tubes.
Well I think I'm going to have to go back to good old Lost World again. At least I'm sure I'm not wrong. I'm going to take a deer jacket, it will be easier to wear every day.

TartuWolf

One Too Many
Can't go wrong with lost worlds as far as I'm concerned, but maybe not the best choice for "formal" or "office wear". Maybe consider Johnson Leathers if you're in the US or Thedi (as mentioned above) if you're in EU. Aero or SB if youre in the UK. One of the most "formal" jackets I can think of would be short button up like the Aero Maxwell or SB Klondike or some of the stuff Thedi offers.
From what I can see I'd avoid "Strum" like the plague. You can get much much better for that kind of money.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
markc1