Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Stetson Vintage Royal DeLuxe

HDRnR

A-List Customer
Man...you are lucky. i was going to bid on that but our power blew out with this lightning storm that just rolled through. Nice one !

Duck

Practically Family
Great job!!!

Way to go, Bogie!! I am sure you will love the hat. The Royal Deluxe that I have is a great hat. You did real good!!:eusa_clap

Rick Blaine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
No Question

.... a great deal on that one.
I think that guy is correct tho' when he states "The Stetson Royal Deluxe is a DIFFERENT hat from an Open Road".
I have a ROYAL DELUXE STETSON OPEN ROAD and it looks just like this one exceping the ribbon treatment. I also had a Stetson 25 with the same ribbon treatment but w/o the bound brim. Sure does look like an OR. I hope you'll post some pix when it arrives.

Pilgrim

One Too Many
Looks very nice indeed!

If that sweatband is dried out as it claims, I think I might be tempted to tuck some wax paper behind the sweatband, use a fingertip to apply some Lexol on the leather and let it sit for a couple of days. Might help.

Any other ideas?

funneman

Practically Family
That's what I like to see...

..and shipping is realistic too!

Looks like I picked the wrong week to give up ebay. I would have been all over that.

Please post pics when you receive the new arrival.

Well done!

mingoslim

Practically Family
I am a huge OR fan . . .

Bogie said:
Here, I think I got quite the deal on this one.

Can't wait till it comes through the mail. :D

:eusa_clap
I own several . . . and this is one of the best ORs I have seen in a long time . . . and I love the bash.:eusa_clap

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
Great looking lid indeed! And such a great deal to boot! Congratulations!:eusa_clap :eusa_clap
I have to say, that is the thinnest ribbon I've ever seen.
4152_1.JPG

It brings a whole new category to the Thin Ribbon Club.;)

Great catch!

Cheers!

Dan

Bogie

One of the Regulars
It came in!

It came in today, in a modest cardboard box, smothered in bubble wrap. I am more than pleased with the quality of the fur felt, it is very supple, and takes shape with a bit of work and patience. The Royal Deluxe is the closest I am going to get as far as a 'western' styling of any hat I plan on owning. It is a tad bit small for me right now, but with a haircut and a bit more wearing, I'll see if I can't get it to work. If not, I'll consider selling it.

Shot of the liner, when I got the hat, little dried out fragments of leather were hiding everywhere, the sweatband is the worst in the front, thanks to Pilgrim for his advice, I'll have to try it. But worse still is the fact that the leather in some places is starting to seperate from the stitching. I would hate to replace the sweatband, but it looks unavoidable.

The hat itself looks even better in person, it is about the same size, and is several grades better than my Stetson Temple, for half the price. The picture above best describes the color, is it Silverbelly? Or another color?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dickiedust