Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Stetson Pisa

carldelo

One Too Many
A little OT, but...

I haven't seen a Pisa, nor any of the wool/fur blend hats in person. But I own a Stetson Ashland which is similar in dimensions, is all fur felt in Royal quality. The main difference is that it has a slightly larger brim (2-1/4 vs. 2) and a teardrop crown. The ribbon is the same size and the colors are the same. Also, the Ashland brim is an underwelt, and you may not want the teardrop, but it could be steamed to a center dent. I've been happy with mine. I think a pure fur felt will last longer, plus it's currently on sale at hats-plus for 85 smackers, less than the cost of the Pisa - just an idea - I think the Pisa is a nice stingy/center dent, but you can get better quality for the money.

http://www.hats-plus.com/detail.aspx?ID=624&Name=Stetson-Ashland-CCrown-Hat

HATCO

Vendor
mourazav said:
Hey all, i was looking at a Stetson Pisa and was wondering if anybody had one and if so, what they thought of it.

It's a wool hat so the water blocking properties aren't as good as a fur felt hat. If you live in a rainy climate and are outdoors a lot I would suggest a Saxon which is the same profile and brim size. The grosgrain ribbon is wider though. Either way the Saxon being a fur felt has better water blocking properties.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
markc1