Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Spring is upon us ...

Yes, Sir ... winter has broken.

Walking two miles to work this afternoon i found myself musing upon the better things in life (spring fever, anyone?). A fine, immaculately tailored brown fancy-stripe 1930s suit and a chocoate Stetson fedora of only the finest beaver felt. A freshly blossomed violet wildflower in my lapel. 1930s tie; in four-in-hand. A top-grade cigar; vanilla flavours and nicely mild. 13 degrees celcius with a light wind and the sun high in the sky. Home after work for a locally brewed stout or Barbados rum on the porch.

Spring has most certainly sprung. We can bitch about religion, politics, sex and swearing all we want, sound in the knowledge that none of it matters in the long run.

Life is good. Here's to the finer things in life.

bk

mysterygal

Call Me a Cab
Thank goodness winters over! I love it there's actually leaves on the trees again, flowers blooming everywhere, birds chirping outside...yep, life is good:)

Mr Nick

New in Town
It is spring time and the azaleas are blooming!

Spring extravaganza is indeed upon us here in the South. I had the unique opportunity to go to the little golf tournament over in Augusta yesterday! Wonderful weather, beautiful flowers, an immaculate golf course and the company of good friends! What a wonderful break from the every day work routine! Life is good!:eusa_clap

Shaul-Ike Cohen

One Too Many
The other day, it was spring at last. I dressed my light brown pinstripe, and took the soft brown hat. Great.

Next day - it snowed!

K.D. Lightner

Call Me a Cab
I am enjoying my first "real" spring in eons. I lived in San Diego for 23 years, the weather there is nearly perfect all year long and the season changes are subtle, to say the least.

Now, I am back in my home state, watching the grass turn green, the robins return from wherever they winter, buds are coming on on certain trees, and crocus and early flowers are up.

I am creating a little garden: have planted some garlic, leeks, chives, dill, other herbs. Later I will plant wildflowers in my mother's yard. I am enjoying having a garden, something new to me.

Also I put a little Zen garden out on the porch. Not too many folks around here have ever seen one, or even heard of one.

Spring and fall were always my favorite seasons in Iowa.

karol

jake_fink

Call Me a Cab
Spring is springing even up here in the frosty north. Our peonies are peeping through the dirt and this young man's fancy has turned to thoughts of...
SUMMER HOLIDAYS!!!

I'm taking the full seven weeks this year; no special projects, no research, no curriculum development, I'm going to spend the time with my son, and when he's at his play group or the daycare/ece I'll be writing what I want to write, reading what I want to read and going to the races.

Ah, but beautiful.

PS I hope Zohar gets on this thread and updates those pictures of bucolic perfection he posted earlier in the season. :)

Nathan Flowers

Head Bartender
Staff member
I'll take some more today. The wisteria is going crazy, and the dogwoods are beautiful too.

mysterygal

Call Me a Cab
Today I woke up to a beautiful spring morning..the sun's already out, promising to be a nice warm day..perfect for getting my car washed and doing some gardening :)

CWetherby

One of the Regulars
Mr Nick said:
Spring extravaganza is indeed upon us here in the South. I had the unique opportunity to go to the little golf tournament over in Augusta yesterday! Wonderful weather, beautiful flowers, an immaculate golf course and the company of good friends! What a wonderful break from the every day work routine! Life is good!:eusa_clap

Alas, for me, jealousy has reared its ugly head!!! There's nothing like a golf tourny on a lovely spring day! Next time, stop in Charleston and pick me up, too! lol

Pilgrim

One Too Many
I spent much of the weekend at a softball tournament where both daughters played, except on different teams.

So much of baseball and softball is tied to tradition. Close your eyes and think about pulling on your old glove...pulling on the tall socks and sliding your feet into those dusty cleats for the first time since last year...the familiar feel of the leather grips on your bat.

I may be watching rather than playing, but it's a sure harbinger of summer.

Steve

Practically Family
I love spring so much. Contrary to the typical change of season here in Florida, it hasn't rained in three weeks, and I'm enjoying every moment of it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe