Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Some interesting beaver hats

RJR

Very familiar with Advintage.They are very well thought of in the INDY field.

navarre

Vendor
I can't condone the No-Hats thing. $260 for a raw hat body with a stamp in it? They have done No Work is more like it. That is nothing more than a raw 401 hat body from the Tonak catalog. Their description lists it as "animal hair" but then has a picture of a beaver. This is suspect, as in the hat industry "animal hair" usually denotes a blend of rabbit. Any hat maker who takes the time and spends the money to source beaver would never leave it out of the description.

I think they are just another case of trendy kids polishing up nickels and calling them silver dollars.

Sorry for the rant, but we all complain about the general quality of new hats going down hill. If a new generation is taught that this sort of garbage is "High Quality" the industry as a whole will never have the need to do better. As one of the many small hat makers who are trying to return our industry to its former glory, I am offended by their offerings.

-30-

A-List Customer
"I think they are just another case of trendy kids polishing up nickels and calling them silver dollars."
Navarre.

You are being too kind; B S Baffles Brains would be more appropriate.

Regards,
J T

EstherWeis

Vendor
I know the people behind no-hats.
I see them this week, so I'll ask around.
This is a company that always delivers a great quality product.
This is a sister company of a supplier of mine.

I'd agree with you that the price is a bit steep, nor am I much of a fan of this particular look.
But I know for a fact that there is a very long process and technique to make felts like this. I wouldn't call it no work, nor would I call these people trendy kids trying to make money.
This company has been in the hat industry for a very long time.

I'll ask them for some more info and why they are so expensive.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

-30-

A-List Customer
"I'll ask them for some more info and why they are so expensive."
EstherWeis.

Duveen, seldom spoke of cost; only spoke of Availability.
These people are not Duveen.

Regards,
J T

Yup, for sure. Only in the fashion industry could get away with adding a tag to a raw material and calling it good.

It's like painting a canvas red and getting away with calling it art. Hey, I'm not gone ague that you're a genius. Hell you got somebody to but it. But an artist....not even close.

Look, Mommy! The Emperor has NO CLOTHES!!

Maybe if they included a small container of Vaseline with each purchase, we'd feel better?!

RJR

I know the people behind no-hats.
I see them this week, so I'll ask around.
This is a company that always delivers a great quality product.
This is a sister company of a supplier of mine.

I'd agree with you that the price is a bit steep, nor am I much of a fan of this particular look.
But I know for a fact that there is a very long process and technique to make felts like this. I wouldn't call it no work, nor would I call these people trendy kids trying to make money.
This company has been in the hat industry for a very long time.

I'll ask them for some more info and why they are so expensive.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
It will be interesting to see what you determine,thanks for inquiring.

Lol. Hey Charlie how you doin?
Well, thank you, Bob! Although I have been slowed some (temporarily) by some type of cold, imported (I think) from our trip last week. That, made even more fun by jet lag that I caught from someone on the plane... NOT pretty. I'm still trying to catch up on all aspects of my life, and you know how important you folks are to me!!

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
Well, thank you, Bob! Although I have been slowed some (temporarily) by some type of cold, imported (I think) from our trip last week. That, made even more fun by jet lag that I caught from someone on the plane... NOT pretty. I'm still trying to catch up on all aspects of my life, and you know how important you folks are to me!!
As are you. Feel better my friend.

navarre

Vendor
Wait, we can start calling Winchester felt "ecologically harvested beaver felt from Tennessee"

Who knew, not only does he own a blow torch, but a good imagination as well.

Man, Bob, that sh-tuff must make you cringe harder than the rest of us. To quote my daughter, "Eeew-ah!!"

None of those Fouquet "offerings" have what I'm after in a new hat. Another swirl in the downward spiral of our civilization, perhaps? Let's see just how casual we can be; always looking to hit lower.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe