Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SOLD: The Real McCoys Buco J-24 Sz 42 with Mouton Collar, Shinki Teacore Black Horsehide

Geekrobot

One of the Regulars
For sale is this amazing Real McCoy's / RMC Buco J-24 jacket. It is cut from some of the nicest leather I've seen, and is in very good condition.

This size 42 jacket includes the mouton collar, as pictured. This is removable and makes the jacket very versatile, since the collar adds a whole degree of warmth for cold weather.

Asking $1799 shipped in the USA via Venmo, Zelle, or Paypal F&F. I will be listing the jacket on Grailed and eBay soon for anyone who'd like an invoice, or international shipping.

I used the jacket sparingly in a large rotation of jackets, probably less than 10 times in total. This is the BJ9111 version of this jacket, the flagship J-24 model made by RMC from I believe 2018 - 2020. In 2021, they tweaked the fit. Though it's not brand new, it is close -- no smells, stains, rips -- just some scuffs where the 'teacore' layer is showing through the black pigment finish, and some early stage break in on the sleeves. I might still have the tags -- can check upon dispatch, but yeah, great shape overall. But please skip this one if you need it brand new pristine.

You can find a lot of info about the various iterations in this Fedora Lounge post, to which I've also contributed my buying experience based on this very jacket:
https://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/concern-about-buco-j-24-sizing.103840/

Basically, the 2018 - 2020 BJ9111 fit is slimmer, akin to many Japanese brands' sizing, or like the Lewis Leathers Tight Fit models, if you have experience with those. The sleeves are slimmer, the arm holes are a little narrower, and generally, they'll fit better if you are trim and looking for a more fitted silhouette on the jacket.

The newer fit, which is still currently available, is more analogous to American sizing, with wider, roomier sleeves and chest.

That said, a 42 in the old fit still proved to be a little big for me, so I must sell this beautiful jacket. Here are my rough measurements; you can also find RMC's measurements for this model online if you search for BJ9111.

Pit to pit: 53 cm
Shoulders: ~47 - 48cm
Hem width: 50.5cm
Collar bottom to bottom of back: 60.5 cm
Sleeve length: 63cm

--

20240821_110016.jpg

20240821_110026.jpg

20240821_110043.jpg

20240821_105429.jpg

20240821_105456.jpg

Geekrobot

One of the Regulars
The best of the best!

I love love j-24, have a J-22 and I absolutely love the look.

Some quality stuff at fair prices from GR lately! GLWS

Thanks all, I too think this is a super classy jacket. Absolutely one of the coolest I've ever been lucky to own.
I may eventually try to get a smaller size, but for now I'm set -- and full disclosure, i just bought a really big, heavy, cool guitar amp that I want to offset financially.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
markc1