Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sizing a Viberg 310 --- Advise needed!

Behemott

New in Town
Hello,

I’m looking for some advice about how to properly size a Viberg 310. I am going to buy directly from Viberg and as always buying online is a bit of a gamble especially in that price range.

I do have some good guidelines from Kirsten at Viberg, to have a down size by 1.5 from my brannock 10.5, so a size 9 is required.
But If I end up pulling the trigger I want to make sure I get it right.

I’m a confirmed 10.5 brannock and size 9 US with Red Wings Iron Rangers (bought 15 years ago).

So all the advice is greatly appreciated!

behemott.

Last edited:

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
No, sorry, we don’t use Brannock here on the continent. We have that weird numbering system that has no apparent connection to the foot measurement.

Observe

One Too Many
Do you still wear your IRs from 15 years ago? Our feet flatten and spread out a bit as we age, so you may want to confirm that 9 still works for you.

99Tjadams

New in Town
I have a 9 D/E brannock
wear a 9 or 9.5 in a nike
wear a 8.5 or 9 in converse
I take a size 8.5 in a viberg 2030

Both my 310 are size 8 (so one whole size down from brannock)
They fit great, zero break in.
I don't think a 7.5 (one and a half down) would fit me.
a 8.5 in a 310 would probably work if I had to. (half down)

Faux59

New in Town
I’m a confirmed 10.5 brannock and size 9 US with Red Wings Iron Rangers (bought 15 years ago).
This is very unusual. You normally go down half a size with most US boots. 10.5 brannock means your IR size should be a 10.

UK sizes are mostly 1 whole number less than US sizes and true to size. 10.5 US size is normally a 9.5 UK size. Your Viberg size should be 9.5.

Some people suggest half size down with Vibergs as well. That didn't work well for me. Mine are all 1 whole size down from brannock.

Brannocks have 2 length measurements. Heel to toe and heel to ball. Some people buy theirs based on the longer of the 2 measurements.

Behemott

New in Town
Do you still wear your IRs from 15 years ago? Our feet flatten and spread out a bit as we age, so you may want to confirm that 9 still works for you.

Observe, yes I do wear my two pairs of Iron Rangers, 15 and 17 year of wear and a resole on one pair, the other pair is original. You are correct in that my feet have probably flatten a bit, 10.5 brannock was a surprise 4 weeks ago when I measured.

Brannocks have 2 length measurements. Heel to toe and heel to ball. Some people buy theirs based on the longer of the 2 measurements.

Thank you for that comment Faux59, I did the brannock thing myself and yeah it's a 10.5 but I am no expert...

I was expecting Viberg to be able to guide me from well known models of boots by converting the Red Wings IR size to theirs, IR are pretty common but its 1.5 down despite the size I give them.

Hmmm, I am more confused and need to recap how to correctly to "size" the 310 before the final click. Or try to find a reseller and try.

Many thanks for your time guys, its appreciated!

B

Last edited:

Behemott

New in Town
Adding some info, in case others have the 310 on their list, but I am not out of the woods yet ... ;)

I went to a local store and I am still a size 9 with RW-IR. Tried a 9.5 and it just looked and felt wrong on my feet.
My longest foot is 27.7 cm, so from online guides I am a true US/Can 10.5.
My brannock (self measured) put me at just under 10.5.

It would appear that Red Wing are not following a standardized chart, but neither is Viberg and the whole point of this thread is to find out your experience with how you managed to find the Viberg 310 fit.

I going to ask Viberg what they recommend from my exact measurement in Cm.

Again thank you for your input.

B

Last edited:

Behemott

New in Town
Fresh from Viberg (Kirsten) after providing my foot measurement in cm, can't go wrong with that.

''We have considered the measurements you have provided and we still recommend having the size 9 for the 310 last.''

So I conclude that going by actual measurement (wish I did that from the get go) can help avoiding confusion and choosing the best size.

B

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
venom123