Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Simonds Bespoke Caps - Concept Motoring Cap

Edward

Bartender
Some of us were expressing significant interest in a cap very much of this style on another thread last week, then a few days ago I noticed this in my Facebook feed. might be an option? Listed currently as a "concept", but if there were a fair few folks in these parts declaring an interest...

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.511226905632406.1073741879.255715684516864&type=1

1174577_511226955632401_1666759291_n.jpg

1185249_511539572267806_1497005489_n.jpg

1010537_511227055632391_1545983514_n.jpg

bretron

Call Me a Cab
Nice! Looking forward to seeing what Simonds can conjure up in this style!!

Rudie

Call Me a Cab
Awesome caps. I think they would look even better with a brim edge treatment like on crusher caps.

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Concept Motoring Cap

Interesting...I like it.

What's the brim length and the width of the material on this cap?
I'd also like to see what it looks like from the back.

Last edited:

Edward

Bartender
Interesting...I like it.

What's the brim length and the width of the material on this cap?
I'd also like to see what it looks like from the back.

There were some great shots on the Simonds Facebook page, but they appear to have been taken down now.

Worf... any news on yours?

Worf

I'll Lock Up
Here's what Mr. Simonds made me. I call it a "5 Points Cap" because it's reminiscent of what Priest Vallon's son wore in "Gangs of New York". The cap master is a great guy, communicative, caring, fast and total stand-up cat. I'll be ordering two more.

IMG_1149_zps9eed524a.jpg

Five Points in Brown with leather bill Front Shot.

IMG_1150_zpsa10bd19c.jpg

Five Points in Brown side shot. It'll lay down better over time. Best sweat band I've ever used... amazing!

IMG_1153_zpsfca18c4c.jpg

Five Points in Grey with black leather bill, front shot.

IMG_1155_zpsdcee1be2.jpg

Five Points in Grey, side shot.

I think my pal Boyo's gettin' some made. I'll get two more, one in black canvas, one in OD Green. I'm completely satisfied and can't recommend Mr. Simonds any higher.

Worf

seabass

Call Me a Cab
Very Slick Caps !
Coordinates very well with those Jackets !

5-Points Good Name for this cap !
I Left the 5-points many moons ago for Cali, Glad I did.

DJH

I'll Lock Up
The 5 Points cap is just too cool. I'd be interested in a black one if
I thought I could pull off that look.

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
Worf: you look like a man not to be messed with!!

it's not a cap I'd wear, but it suits your style, and it's good to see barry turning his hand to a very different style of cap.

Worf

I'll Lock Up
Very nice, they go well with jour jackets! Weather turning cool in NY or just constructed out of asbestos?

No Xeno... I own NO asbestos undies, just early Fall in Upstate NY. It got down to 40 Degrees Farenheit last night, it's definately jacket weather. Next stop fleece linings!!!!

Worf

Worf

I'll Lock Up
There is enough fabric to drape the crown which is good. Does the bill of the cap pop up? Is it just down in that position. I am sort of a bigger bill cap guy.

No the bill stays put. I'm not a big bill or big brim fan, but I like these caps. As I said, I'm going to get two more of a heavier guage fabric for cold weather wear.

Worf

Edward

Bartender
These are really sharp! They look to me like something of a lovechild of a WW2 Crusher and a Civil War kepi. I can see me in a couple of these, most likely an OD green with the tan leather to begin with... What kind of coin do they pull?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FedoraAccount