Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show off the sports coats.

Orgetorix

Call Me a Cab
Derek WC said:
Oh yes, one thing I forgot to ask was what are those raised bumps in the fabric on the Palm Beach?

I mean, what are they caused by?

You mean the patch below the breast pocket? Looks like the fronts are fused--the cloth is glued to an inner facing material, rather than having a sewn-in canvas to give the suit body. This glue is now starting to deteriorate and it's causing that bubbling.

Derek WC

Banned
I guess that's what it is, as there is no canvas on the inside.

Well you win some, and you lose some, only a four dollar loss, but now I know otherwise, it's not like I can't wear it still. ;)

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
$12 from a place in Nebraska.

2 breast patch pockets and all pockets are pleated.
pleatedpocketsjacket001.jpg

You'd think it'd have a belted back, right?

Wrong.
pleatedpocketsjacket002.jpg

It's a party up front with nothing going on in back.

Crappy photo, but gives you an idea of the pleating:
pleatedpocketsjacket004.jpg

Material:
pleatedpocketsjacket003.jpg

pleatedpocketsjacket005.jpg

It has a '36/'39 style union tag but with black numbering rather than red:
pleatedpocketsjacket006.jpg

[huh]

Other than two missing buttons, perfect condition. A size too large for me but I'm saving it for when I become old and fatter.

Whadaya think, mid- to late '30s?

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
thunderw21 said:
A size too large for me but I'm saving it for when I become old and fatter.
Somehow I think that's going to a long, long time from now.;) But seriously, even if you acquire a huge pot belly the shoulders will still be too big. I say catch and release.

Mr Vim

One Too Many
Well, I cannot wait for the photo, I received a 1940's sport coat from Fab Gabs vintage today, sorry I was on the way to work, so I barely even had time to try it on.

That and I also purchased a blue gabardine sport coat, dated 1949, on ebay.

Problem is, I need some nice slacks to go with them, I'm currently shopping Brooks Brothers online, as nothing vintage has turned up.

Any suggestions? PM me so we keep this hog on topic.

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
Baron Kurtz said:
Here's a nice late 1940s Hollywood jacket i'm going to be eBaying tonight or tomorrow morning....
bk

Beautiful, looks in great condition too. What size is it?

Good luck with it.

Vic

One of the Regulars
I generally wear Neo-Edwardian drape jackets (and the occasional Mersey Beat sharkskin jacket), but here is one of my American jackets…

pic.jpg

savage-group-me.jpg

Mr Vim

One Too Many
Well, this baby just came back from the cleaners and what a treat. This is my first coat with the roped shoulders, and it is a look that I may strive for in my future purchases.

Oui La!

Screenshot2010-09-24at42828PM.png

Those are modern slacks I'm wearing, the vintage ones were still at the cleaners, so I'm not sure how well the rise matches the coat with these... more photos to follow when I get my next coat in the mail, get it tailored, and cleaned. Busy Backson.

cotillion

New in Town
This is a new sport coat I picked up this weekend to assist in re-inventing my wardrobe. Sorry for the unnatural light pics at the moment. Hopefully I can post an outfit soon with this sportcoat. I have pair of navy trousers to go with it at the moment. Still needs some slight adjustments from a tailor. And then I need to find a good shirt and tie for it.

The Good

Call Me a Cab
Impressive sport coats, everyone! I will have to purchase one soon, as I currently don't own one, or a suit for that matter. All I have that fits is a leather jacket.

cotillion said:
This is a new sport coat I picked up this weekend to assist in re-inventing my wardrobe. Sorry for the unnatural light pics at the moment. Hopefully I can post an outfit soon with this sportcoat. I have pair of navy trousers to go with it at the moment. Still needs some slight adjustments from a tailor. And then I need to find a good shirt and tie for it.

Looks good, I could see a grey, tweed sport coat going with most of my wardrobe. I'll have to purchase a grey fedora to go with one, eventually.

Mr Vim

One Too Many
Thank you Sir. I can only describe the color to folks that have been on the water a lot... so my fellow Coast Guardsmen get it right off, I call it a deep water blue.

Chasseur

Call Me a Cab
Mr. Vim, very sharp!

My nicest sportcoat, RL Purple Label, British made, roped shoulders, cotton and cashmir blend, etc. Got it from our right honorable member Orgetorix a little while back.

In the photo it was the end of the night so I look a little rumpled.

383864239.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Good Citizen Az