Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sharing With Family and Friends

Crown Royal

One of the Regulars
Anybody that speaks with me long enough will probably hear me mention my parents, especially my dad (see his photo below). I am finding out I am becoming more like him with each passing day. We both share a love for the NY Mets, boxing, Cuban guayaberas and wristwatches. I have gifted him several watches and he wears them all regardless of their price point.

My passion for hats is one thing I have acquired on my own. However, I think he might be catching the bug ever since the day I visited him wearing my Dobbs Golden Coach Homburg. He promptly tried to put it on his head but it was too small as was the Borsalino Velour I wore on my next visit. I told myself I would find him something even if it wasn't the best quality as I know he'll wear it anyway. That said, I think I found something for him. It's a 100% wool derby made by Capas. It's actually pretty damaged but I cannot wait to see him try it on. If I can get him to pose for a picture, I will share it with you fine folks. If he loves it, I will reach out to Capas to see if they can refurbish it.

The moral of this story is to never forget to share your passion for hats with your family and friends as you might be enriching their lives as well as your own!
1000023135.jpg

1000023128.jpg

1000023129.jpg

1000023133.jpg

1000023130.jpg

1000023131.jpg

Crown Royal

One of the Regulars
This is a follow-up to my original post. This past weekend, I took a road trip to NYC to deliver the Capas Derby to my dad. Needless to say, he was elated and kept the hat on the entire time I was there and my mom sent me a photo of him wearing it while en route to his doctor's appointment the next day.
1000023449.jpg

1000023477.jpg

This is a follow-up to my original post. This past weekend, I took a road trip to NYC to deliver the Capas Derby to my dad. Needless to say, he was elated and kept the hat on the entire time I was there and my mom sent me a photo of him wearing it while en route to his doctor's appointment the next day.
View attachment 633027
View attachment 633028
The man ROCKS.
He owns that bowler!!
Kudos.

Crown Royal

One of the Regulars
I already posted twice about my dad and the Derby hat I gifted him and how much he loves it. It's only fitting that I post an old photo of his dad (my grandfather) who I sadly never had the chance to meet before he passed away. That said, my dad mentioned how much his dad loved his hats so it's nice to be able to have this photo of him as a reminder.
1000023688.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
markc1