Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Selling my vintage collection

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
"listing your collection"? You're not getting rid of all of it, i hope.

I noticed you hadn't been around in the threads much lately. Nice to see you're back!

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
Miss Neecerie said:
If any of this fit anything other then my big toe.......

HAHAHA

Ladies.....Lauren's stuff is awesome.

GO LOOK...

But such nice toes they are, as evidenced in the photo on the left... and I beg to differ.

Thank you much for the comments :) I hope they do well

KittyT, I'm selling off the majority. I'm not really that into wearing vintage anymore, but I'll still make repros. :)

Lauren

To be completely honest it's my relationship with God. For a long time He was poking me telling me to give it up but I didn't want to listen... I was really making an idol of vintage stuff and it was making me spend more money than I really had and put too much of my self worth in what other people thought of me... so for my personal relationship with God I have to do this. Now I just finally have the time to follow through on it.
:)

P.s- still into the history of it and the costuming... but it's just not my life anymore

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Lauren, are you still going to hang out here at the Lounge? I've missed seeing your posts and you have such an extensive historical knowledge to share...

Earp

One of the Regulars
Lauren,
I'm fairly new but some of your posts have been very interesting and educational for me. I've been trying to find a thread I saw once while going through the archives where you shared a black and white photo of yourself holding a cup of tea. It was one of the first things I ever saw on the fedora lounge. May I please say how amazing you looked. You looked so natural and calm in your vintage clothes that it did not seem like a costume in any way. I found myself looking at it the way one does when one comes across a vintage photograph. It had a timeless quality to it and it seemed like there was a story there. An amazing photo. You did such a nice job on it.

Anyways, I feel like I'm gushing like an idiot so I better stop. I don't want to give the wrong impression. But the point is you have added so much to the lounge and I hope you will still be visiting. Take care. --Wyatt--

katiemakeup

Practically Family
Hi Lauren! Self restraint is the hardest to overcome. Please know that your posts are always fun and informative! Hope you post more when time permits and I wish you best! :)

Miss Dottie

Practically Family
Ah Lauren,

Although I couldn't even think about fitting into your slim silhouette, I did enjoy checking out the photos on eBay.

Thanks for letting us know your thoughts on the vintage. It's understandable.

But I'm glad you are still doing repro costumes. Your talent is amazing!

Sunny

One Too Many
Lauren said:
To be completely honest it's my relationship with God. For a long time He was poking me telling me to give it up but I didn't want to listen... I was really making an idol of vintage stuff and it was making me spend more money than I really had and put too much of my self worth in what other people thought of me... so for my personal relationship with God I have to do this. Now I just finally have the time to follow through on it.
:)

:eek:fftopic: I think I've said this before, here or elsewhere, but your example is becoming more important to me. I've been getting "into" vintage a lot more. I really don't want to make an idol out of it. I've neared idolatry with other things before, although never something that cost this much, and the stepping back wasn't fun. God's been giving me gentle reminders every so often on this very topic. Your post just reinforces that more consciously. I wanted to tell you this first to thank you, and also since you never know how God's using you in another's life. :)

Back on topic, I really wish that blue velvet dress fit me or my height!

Lauren

Wow! Thank you so much for your lovely thoughts and notes!

I guess I'll be around, but I'm kind of on a vacation from it actively until I feel like the time to come back comes around. I'll still check in now and again, for sure, and I browse through about once a week but haven't commented much. I still love the history of it all.

Thank you especially for the encouragement! It's been a hard battle, but one I know I am supposed to do. Now that I'm doing it, and with the encouragement I've gotten from here and elsewhere it hasn't been nearly as difficult as I thought!

I keep on going through it all and keep on pulling out pieces from my closet... so there's more going up, but some I have to mend, etc, etc... I'm still keeping the nearest and dearest to my heart- some of my evening gowns and pre-20's stuff... but if God wants me to let those go, they'll go too! Thank you so much for everything, everybody :) you're awesome.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mads