Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Schott 618hh Perfecto Leather Jacket

Powerband

Practically Family
To the owners of the Schott 618hh who may have insight on this particular model:

I’ll be wearing this “slim-cut” jacket for general purpose and style. I’m having a hard time deciding on size. Here are my body dimensions:

- 5 feet, 6 inches
- Chest size 39
- Waist size 30
- 146 lbs

I have somewhat broader shoulders/chest relative to my waist. I want this jacket to be form-fitting, sort of that quasi-rockstar look, but without being completely restrictive. So: Being at an in-between size 39, should I get the 618hh in size 40 or 38?

Thank you all for any help!

Some pics from the internet:

C0A7DA9B-796F-4A76-9222-F7EF22D5F992.jpeg 6D1E6E52-17FD-433F-8A7B-5AFB77027836.jpeg

23DB3771-2DCB-422A-9070-09B91EB89E0E.jpeg

E7FD2F83-E7C5-4849-81A3-D6082C2AD177.jpeg

7051E2AB-FE0E-4078-91FA-56CF8C5182EF.jpeg

Attachments

• DE5FD3A6-BC6F-4CBE-8D4E-C8725D10F48C.jpeg
    DE5FD3A6-BC6F-4CBE-8D4E-C8725D10F48C.jpeg
    40.7 KB · Views: 2,577

Powerband

Practically Family
Thank you, HarrisHTM. What is your chest size to begin with? In your experience, if I move down from my chest size of 39 to the jacket size of 38, will this leave me with sufficient room in the chest and shoulders to move around in?

Harris HTM

One Too Many
Thank you, HarrisHTM. What is your chest size to begin with? In your experience, if I move down from my chest size of 39 to the jacket size of 38, will this leave me with sufficient room in the chest and shoulders to move around in?
My chest measures 40. It depends if you wanna layer underneath. The 38 fits me fine with a t shirt. My 40 allows for a hoodie or thick sweater.

Powerband

Practically Family
My chest measures 40. It depends if you wanna layer underneath. The 38 fits me fine with a t shirt. My 40 allows for a hoodie or thick sweater.

Fantastic info. Since I live in Northern California, where the weather doesn’t get too bone-chilling cold, I’ll be wearing the 618hh over mostly tees or button-down shirts.

I've had 618HH, sz. 42 and... I would've been a lot happier if I had sized down to 40 or maybe even a 38 for a super slim fit. But I believe they've recently tweaked the cut so... Could be that what I know is a bit outdated. I do know however that sizes from 38 to 42 (or maybe even 44?) all have the same back and sleeve length, the only difference being in the chest and the shoulders and since it is a roomy jacket to begin with, I'd go with Harris' suggestion to size down. 38 should be perfect for you.
Whatever you do, don't listen to their advice to size up. The 42 that I had was seriously too roomy.

Huh! Looks like they have some premium version of the 618HH!
https://www.schottnyc.com/products/mens-leather-motorcycle-jacket.htm?catID=5

Man, it looks nice... 3.5 oz HH.

jacketjunkie

Call Me a Cab
That isn't the 618... that is the 613 Stars which apparently is in stock again in horsehide.. geez. Rip my 800 USD

I've had 618HH, sz. 42 and... I would've been a lot happier if I had sized down to 40 or maybe even a 38 for a super slim fit. But I believe they've recently tweaked the cut so... Could be that what I know is a bit outdated. I do know however that sizes from 38 to 42 (or maybe even 44?) all have the same back and sleeve length, the only difference being in the chest and the shoulders and since it is a roomy jacket to begin with, I'd go with Harris' suggestion to size down. 38 should be perfect for you.
Whatever you do, don't listen to their advice to size up. The 42 that I had was seriously too roomy.

Harris HTM

One Too Many

There has been some discussion about this in the past:
http://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/picked-up-a-schott-641hh-cafe-racer-in-horsehide.74054/
According to Schott they use only one type of horsehide.
I don't think this is a 3.5oz hide, at least my 618hh is definitely not.

Doctor Damage

I'll Lock Up
Thanks for posting those photos. It looks like you have to have a belly to wear one of these jackets or the waist will be too roomy.

You guys are right, I didn't see the number, just the SH bit. Christ, the 613 has the best cut. Seriously. Between this and the Asset... I don't know what to do right now.

Powerband

Practically Family
Dang, the 613SH looks like a great alternative, perhaps even preferred. Same cuts and dimensions as the 618HH, but adds the one-star to each shoulder. You’ve inadvertently made the decision harder for me—or perhaps easier!

What do the rest of you think about that 613SH with the slim cut?!?

Dang, the 613SH looks like a great alternative, perhaps even preferred. Same cuts and dimensions as the 618HH, but adds the one-star to each shoulder. You’ve inadvertently made the decision harder for me—or perhaps easier!

What do the rest of you think about that 613SH with the slim cut?!?

The 613 is a different cut than the 618. Or at least it was. It's by far the best Perfecto I've ever had. I sold mine 'cause it could fetch a good price at the time and I didn't feel like wearing it but tbh, I wish I hadn't. It's 10x cooler than the 618. Again, don't know if that's still the case but... I would always go with the 613.

Email Schott and ask them to send you their size chart for both the 613 and the 618. That's the safest way to go about it.

Harris HTM

One Too Many
Or maybe you can find the size charts at legendaryusa, they usually have the schott charts there.
If my memory serves me well, the steer versions of 613 and 618 are the same except for the stars at the epaulettes and collar snaps. But do ask schott.

Powerband

Practically Family
The 613 is a different cut than the 618. Or at least it was. It's by far the best Perfecto I've ever had. I sold mine 'cause it could fetch a good price at the time and I didn't feel like wearing it but tbh, I wish I hadn't. It's 10x cooler than the 618. Again, don't know if that's still the case but... I would always go with the 613.

Email Schott and ask them to send you their size chart for both the 613 and the 618. That's the safest way to go about it.

I’ll email them. According to their website, the 613SH is a slim-cut with the same length (neck-2-tail) as the 618HH. Customer Feedback seems to point out that the arms are fitted, too, and emphasized that the slim-cut is true to size so avoid going up OR down in size. Hmmm.

roadking04

Practically Family
I recently bought a 618hh. I am very pleased with it thus far. I bought it for a riding jacket as opposed to a fashion jacket. I had a chest measurement of 47". I ordered a 48. It fits great with a t-shirt. It is on the snug side with a hoodie on.

Powerband

Practically Family
I do know however that sizes from 38 to 42 (or maybe even 44?) all have the same back and sleeve length, the only difference being in the chest and the shoulders...

Since the back and sleeve lengths are the same from sizes 38 to 42, then it almost doesn’t matter for me if I go down an inch to 38 or up an inch to 40. And yesterday my wife measured me (more accurate than doing it myself) and obtained 39.7 inches, which makes rounding up more logical... especially if it’s still doesn’t affect the length of the sleeves and back.

Besides, I’m heavily leaning towards getting the 613SH, which has the same slim-cut but without the football in the armpit, which will make the sleeves more form-fitting.

I love the 613SH, slim-cut with horse hide!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Petitmalpa