Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Schott 140 review

Orbital

New in Town
I haven't seen anyone post detailed info on the Schott 140. After many tries, I've gotten the right size and a jacket that meets my requirements. For reference, I tried and returned a Schott 650, a Gibson-Barnes Hudson.
Price was 550 with free shipping.
Fit: My chest measures 44.5, and wear a 33in sleeve length in a shirt. The size 44 jacket fits well, but still feels like I could layer a light fleece underneath it. The sleeves run a bit long, reaching about midway down the palm of my hand, but this matches the model on their website. When I drive, the sleeve reaches to my wrist, and the shoulders are comfortable and not restrictive.
The Schott 140 is listed as 'naked cowhide' finish. The leather is soft and heavy, and the jacket weighs in at about 6 pounds. The finish is matte, with a subtle grain, semi-translucent with a good depth of color.
I really like the 3/4 length, it covers well.
The buttons are metallic, anodized black with a fouled anchor. I'm pleasantly suprised, because my standard issue peacoat in the navy had the same buttons in plastic.
the quality is good on the leather, with good stitching. However, the interior quilted lining has some loose threads inside the sleeve seam, so I may have to watch for raveling.
I'm posting a couple of pictures, but I'm a newbie, so this may not work:
SchottJacket

All of you on this forum have been very helpful providing information for my selection, so I wanted to fill in the gaps about this particular jacket. I'll leave it at this now, but feel free to ask if there are specifics I left out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld