Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Revisited: the watch that started the micro brand wave: meet the Dreadnoughts

jordan1776

New in Town
You might have never heard about it, but the time factors PRS-2 and its brethren are proof to the claim that really good watches don't only come from major brands. In fact, they started the idea of micro brands. An ex-Royal navy man started it all and this is the story:

How One Watch Design Started the Micro Brand Revolution

What a fascinating story! I had no idea that the concept of micro brands in the watch industry originated from a single watch design, the PRS-2. It's amazing how one person's passion and dedication can spark a movement.

The fact that an ex-Royal Navy man, Christopher Ward, was behind this revolution is even more impressive. His commitment to creating high-quality watches at an affordable price point, without compromising on design and craftsmanship, is truly inspiring.

I love how the PRS-2's design was influenced by Christopher's experience in the Navy, with its clean lines, simplicity, and functionality. It's no wonder that it became a hit among watch enthusiasts and collectors.

The rise of micro brands has indeed democratized the watch industry, offering consumers more choices and opportunities to own a high-quality timepiece without breaking the bank. It's a testament to innovation and entrepreneurship, and I'm excited to see how this movement continues to evolve.

Thanks for sharing this story!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gnat