Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Resistol Montana Peak

carter

I'll Lock Up
Here's a new Resistol 15X Beaver that I had blocked into a Montana Peak. This came out pretty well but is one tall hombre. Kinda looks like a hat wearing a human.

Front
2054112946_635773e439.jpg

Right
2054113514_1fcffb63be.jpg

Left
2054113218_49fb06719c.jpg

Rear
2053329683_c7ed019ae7.jpg

Interior
2054113978_9ba870eebf.jpg

carter

I'll Lock Up
J.T.Marcus said:
Carter, That is one big beautiful hat, and obviously high quality. What we need is a picture of it wearing you! :)

J.T. Purchased at our favorite outlet in Garland. I'll try for a photo once I work up my courage. :D

Maybe I'll shoot it and the Biltmore together. ;)

Uncle Vern

One of the Regulars
Killer hat, Carter. You look great wearing it. The crown height is terrific. It's certainly not too tall. Just think of all other western hats as being too short!

The hat looks great as it is, but I can't help wondering how a wider ribbon would look on it. In any event, it's a beauty.

Fatdutchman

Practically Family
Ooh, Ooh, I like it!!!

You'd be surprised at how much a wide ribbon will "shrink" the apparent height of a crown. ;)

carter

I'll Lock Up
Uncle Vern said:
Killer hat, Carter. You look great wearing it. The crown height is terrific. It's certainly not too tall. Just think of all other western hats as being too short!
The hat looks great as it is, but I can't help wondering how a wider ribbon would look on it. In any event, it's a beauty.

Originally posted bt Fatdutchman
Ooh, Ooh, I like it!!!
You'd be surprised at how much a wide ribbon will "shrink" the apparent height of a crown.

Uncle Vern & Fatdutchman, Thanks for that idea. I hadn't even considered it before. I believe I'll give it a whirl.
What size and color ribbon would you suggest?

Uncle Vern

One of the Regulars
Maybe 3/4 of an inch or 1 inch and the same color as the hat. But it would also look great with a simple, wide brown leather hat band. I never thought brown and silverbelly would work together, but they do.

Akubra Guy

New in Town
Carter

One thing about the Montana Peak--it will get you noticed, people will stop and stare believe me! I have a black one that I've worn a few times and it gets way more attention than I'm used to. However that being said, have fun with it!

Jerry

deanglen

My Mail is Forwarded Here
First of all, as much as I like and feel good in various caps, my love of the Campaign Hat is undying, and I intend to own one again someday, until I give it away, and command you, Carter, for your choice of a montana peak. 5/8" grosgrain would be a historically established choice for your hat, a size I find is a nice compromise between shoestrings and fedoraesque mourning bands. Great looking western wear with boldness and style you have there.

dean

carter

I'll Lock Up
deanglen said:
First of all, as much as I like and feel good in various caps, my love of the Campaign Hat is undying, and I intend to own one again someday, until I give it away, and command you, Carter, for your choice of a montana peak. 5/8" grosgrain would be a historically established choice for your hat, a size I find is a nice compromise between shoestrings and fedoraesque mourning bands. Great looking western wear with boldness and style you have there.
dean

Thanks, Dean, Akubra Guy, and Deelovely.
I have to thank Dean for posting a Montana Peak in another thread. This piqued my interest in different Western blocks.
Now I need to start looking for, not only ribbon but, the correct bow on the ribbon.
This also caused my interest in the Oreanna Block that I posted in another thread.
This whole other area of the hat world is fascinating to me. I'm glad there are so many resources here to support this interest for myself and others.

Tall order

carter said:
Here's a new Resistol 15X Beaver that I had blocked into a Montana Peak. This came out pretty well but is one tall hombre. Kinda looks like a hat wearing a human.
Front
2054112946_635773e439.jpg

Right
2054113514_1fcffb63be.jpg

Left
2054113218_49fb06719c.jpg

Rear
2053329683_c7ed019ae7.jpg

Interior
2054113978_9ba870eebf.jpg
The current Drill Instructor Campaign hat is shorter than the style from Pre WWI thru WWI. But I don't think they are as tall as yous. Still it looks darn good.

carter

I'll Lock Up
deanglen said:
Carter you realize that I typed "command" instead of "commend". Sorry; I hate typing, my fingers get all mixed up.
dean

Dean, I did catch that but decided to accept your command to find a 5/8" grosgrain ribbon. ;)

John, This hat is definitely taller than a WWI-WWII Campaign Hat. I have one of those so I'll take a side-by-side for comparison.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jbain75