Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Remix Has a Man's Shoe.

lolly_loisides

One Too Many
I took these pics when I was in the Remix store last year.
5536499242_dab85e99a5.jpg

5536499876_68e7b5a4cb.jpg

Dapper Dave

Familiar Face
They are a little expensive for reproduction, and they are made in Mexico. Knowing that I still want a pair! I like the cap toe brown and off white pair. They would go purfect with a brown or tan summer suit. Look like the pair Chick Webb use to wear.

Chas

One Too Many
$162 is not too much to pay for a pair of shoes.

In fact, I believe that if don't pay close to $200 for a pair you don't love your feet enough. Quality costs money.

Take these for example....now, I don't need bucks, but I'm sure some of the boys out there in the FL do. Break open the piggy bank, sell dirty pictures, whatever it takes. If you don't have a pair of white bucks, you are incomplete as a hepcat.

Brooks Bros. White Bucks

Pebble Grain white wingtips are 1/2 price. Brooks Bros. must be hurtin'.

Last edited:

djgo-cat-go

Practically Family
They are a little expensive for reproduction, and they are made in Mexico. Knowing that I still want a pair! I like the cap toe brown and off white pair. They would go purfect with a brown or tan summer suit. Look like the pair Chick Webb use to wear.

I have a pair of twotone wingtips and I must say, Remix makes some of the most comfortable, well made shoes. Mine have a heavy, double sole with double stitched welt.. very, very nice shoes..

J.J. Gittes

A-List Customer
I own a pair of the brown and whites, Don't wear them much anymore since I got an original pair from the 40s. I liked them a lot, looked great and pretty comfortable, not comparable to vintage though. These are definately a good buy regardless.

resortes805

Call Me a Cab
Does anyone own this Remix version?

I have some from the first production run, so they may fit differently now. My only complaint is that the arch support is pretty intense and the heel can fit a little loosely. I usually wear a size 10, but I had to size down to a 9 & 1/2 to tighten up the spacey heel. The foot bed is comfortable though.

I'd like to go there and try on some of those sometime.
I have found that I really need to try on shoes before buying them. I have a few shoes that I bought mail order, if they did not fit I'd send them back but found that I am too lazy to return shoes that only fit OK!

Dapper Dave

Familiar Face
I have a pair of twotone wingtips and I must say, Remix makes some of the most comfortable, well made shoes. Mine have a heavy, double sole with double stitched welt.. very, very nice shoes..

I like them too don't get me wrong I was just saying the first part of my post for humor. I have a pair of the black and white Loafers really light comfortable pair of shoes and good quality. My favorits of all my shoes alway get postive remarks when ever I wear them.

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
Captoe specs are rarely made these days. Those that are always have the contrasting bal lace, making this type essentially a dead style (handsome tho it is).

So Remix fills a niche, especially at this price point. (Magnoli's will make you some for usd100 more.)

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe