Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Recommended Article

Tony in Tarzana

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Read it, guys!

The obvious thing would be to make his wardrobe my own. And the fact that I am, in the upper body at least, the same size as my father seems almost destiny. But while I have inherited and still wear some great suits of his, I don't need more than a few of them. Apart from the fact that the entire contents of his closet would take up all the space in my apartment, I don't really want to assume my father's style. I want to wear my own clothes, in my own style, such as it is.

"...such as it is." :rolleyes:

Dagwood

Practically Family
Thanks for the article. The article was both bittersweet and inspiring.

I found this amazing: "My idea was to find some institution to take the entire wardrobe—which, in addition to 130 bespoke suits, includes about 500 handmade shirts, mostly from Jermyn Street, 50 pairs of Edward Green shoes, perhaps 1,000 neckties, and all the other separates—socks, sweaters, boxer shorts, and stray accoutrements (collar stays, handkerchiefs, tie clasps, cuff-links, shoehorns)—that a man with a passion for clothes accumulates in the course of a lifetime."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vetox88