Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Praise for an old Lee in Amsterdam

MattC

A-List Customer
I have an old Lee Adventure. It is one of those great lightweight felt "semi lined" hats--it has a partial plastic liner sewen just over the center of the crown--the part that is bashed in a C crease--and otherwise the felt is exposed inside. It is a nondescript "Willow" color--a dark grey with heavy brown. I wear it brim--just 2"--down. What makes it come alive is a pale green ribbon and matching bound edge. I wore it to a class I am teaching in Amsterdam today. No less than 7 people came up to me in the street in the afternoon and either asked where I had found it or said it was a great hat. Great fun.

MattC said:
I have an old Lee Adventure. It is one of those great lightweight felt "semi lined" hats--it has a partial plastic liner sewen just over the center of the crown--the part that is bashed in a C crease--and otherwise the felt is exposed inside. It is a nondescript "Willow" color--a dark grey with heavy brown. I wear it brim--just 2"--down. What makes it come alive is a pale green ribbon and matching bound edge. I wore it to a class I am teaching in Amsterdam today. No less than 7 people came up to me in the street in the afternoon and either asked where I had found it or said it was a great hat. Great fun.

Is that the featherweight? Sounds like the same thing my featherweight has. I like that hat too. Wait, my featherweight is a Champ.
You know the Adventure could be rolled up and stored away right? ;)

Regards,

J

hogtied

New in Town
jamespowers, could you please expound on your procedure for rolling up and storing a Lee Adventure? I just acquired one. Thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe