Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Shoe

Call Me a Cab
Not quite sure what I've landed here. Stetson 7X Westerner, which is an animal I'm not at all familiar with. What little I've been able to find, seems to indicate a 70s to 80s production, with this lining. But the hat looks like something out of 40s or 50s lineup, and I wasn't aware that Stetson was making anything so "old fashioned" during that later time period. Any info/input, gratefully accepted!

Two notes: the stock shape is intriguing, but not sure I can carry it off; the fedora seems better on me. And, despite the soft sunlight this morning, it's black, not blue, as those pics make it appear.

View attachment 636477 View attachment 636478 View attachment 636479 View attachment 636480 View attachment 636481 View attachment 636482
I think you carry it off well. Particularly brim down for me.

Mighty44

One Too Many
Not quite sure what I've landed here. Stetson 7X Westerner, which is an animal I'm not at all familiar with. What little I've been able to find, seems to indicate a 70s to 80s production, with this lining. But the hat looks like something out of 40s or 50s lineup, and I wasn't aware that Stetson was making anything so "old fashioned" during that later time period. Any info/input, gratefully accepted!

Two notes: the stock shape is intriguing, but not sure I can carry it off; the fedora seems better on me. And, despite the soft sunlight this morning, it's black, not blue, as those pics make it appear.

View attachment 636477 View attachment 636478 View attachment 636479 View attachment 636480 View attachment 636481 View attachment 636482
That’s a beauty! Judging by the brown sweat I would guess 1950s. I think a couple dents would be quite appropriate.;)

wsmontana

A-List Customer

Great looking lid Mark!

@MikeinRome posted a Pilgrim “Westerner” hat with what looks like the same font as yours (but bucking horse is different).

Mike’s hat:
https://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/what-hat-are-you-waiting-for-today.81825/post-3083233

Here‘s a side by side shot of logos:

IMG_6310.jpeg

Not sure if that helps in your research or not.

VoodooSan

One Too Many
Great looking lid Mark!

@MikeinRome posted a Pilgrim “Westerner” hat with what looks like the same font as yours (but bucking horse is different).

Mike’s hat:
https://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/what-hat-are-you-waiting-for-today.81825/post-3083233

Here‘s a side by side shot of logos:

View attachment 636580

Not sure if that helps in your research or not.
Thanks, Bill. I'm finding that a lot more companies used bucking horse art than I had originally realized!

RickP

Practically Family

This ones got potential! anything with a bound edge comes out clean in my experience. I had a few that were "black" that looked blue, and blues that looked almost black.. I just call them dark. Most westerns make a nice fedora with a tall crown. I enjoy turning westerns into things other than what they were originally.

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
Borsalino sold by Bubani in Ravenni 1976 in the color Argento.
The hat came in like a disaster, so needed a lot of steam. Finally it turns out like a very well Borsalino :) View attachment 637224 View attachment 637225 View attachment 637226 View attachment 637227 View attachment 637228 View attachment 637229 View attachment 637230 View attachment 637231 View attachment 637232 View attachment 637233
Nice job, Marcel. Great looking Borsalino.

I particularly like the wide ribbon, its colour, and the liner logo.

Mighty44

One Too Many
I’ve been on the wagon for most of the year—bought myself a Whippet for my birthday but that’s it. Until a couple weeks ago. I’ve always wanted a dove gray 1930s fedora with a 2” ribbon and raw edge—as seen in movies like The Thin Man and different Cagney and Gary Cooper films, and also familiar from pictures of the Depression and WPA. Anyway—I saw this and couldn’t resist. Just arrived today and I’m thrilled. It’s also my first English hat. Nice thick felt for keeping off the rain and fog. Now back on the wagon for me!
Cheers,

David
IMG_4683.jpeg

IMG_4684.jpeg
IMG_4685.jpeg
IMG_4689.jpeg

I’ve been on the wagon for most of the year—bought myself a Whippet for my birthday but that’s it. Until a couple weeks ago. I’ve always wanted a dove gray 1930s fedora with a 2” ribbon and raw edge—as seen in movies like The Thin Man and different Cagney and Gary Cooper films, and also familiar from pictures of the Depression and WPA. Anyway—I saw this and couldn’t resist. Just arrived today and I’m thrilled. It’s also my first English hat. Nice thick felt for keeping off the rain and fog. Now back on the wagon for me!
Cheers,

David View attachment 637404
View attachment 637405 View attachment 637406 View attachment 637407
Looks great David.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bigdog42