Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.
Mike, Perry, Alan, Thanks! I ran into some good luck with this one.

Alan, Not sure how I missed your pristine / beautiful Collins & Fairbanks silk plush top hat c.1920s Topper! Also your Dunlap Wanderer is really fantastic. What amazing felt!

Last edited:
Maybe Halloween Alan, the opera is a bit over the top of my simple sense. Funny what you find when you google "top hat":

tophat1.jpg

Timing is a funny thing... I had also "Goo-goo'd" top hat a couple of days ago, thinking ahead to my daughter's upcoming wedding. In forum of "What to wear with a top hat," the comment was made that "Mr. Peanut wears a top hat, and he doesn't even wear pants!"

rlk

I'll Lock Up
The hat is French while the jacket is French or German--Zipper is from Alsace.
I switched to a cap after the photo as winds are gusting to 35 mph and even a short brim becomes a flying saucer.

mikespens

Call Me a Cab
Very, very nice Manfred and you wear it well, saw a post of you wearing it somewhere. Fantastic condition that you must be proud of. Love seeing vintage hats like this.

Last edited:
Great photos, Manfred... thanks for posting. I don't believe I ever posted photos of it. So glad this one found a good home with another homburg enthusiast.

(We have to remember to keep quiet about how wonderful these hats are so they stay at bargain prices.)

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
Steve, Che and BR, thanks so much for your kind words and comments! I appreciate them all!
You have so right with that what you say, the edge binding color is a great looking accent!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe