Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
Aureliano said:
It's a montecristi, right? if not then a darn well woven panama.

Well, I sure think that it is, Aureliano. That being said, there are people here who are far more expert in these matters, and perhaps one of them could weigh in.

Looking through the Panama Canal thread, I was surprised to see this Panama from feltfan -- seems to be very similar in terms of style (including ribbon) and vintage...

And thanks, gents! :)

Cheers,
JtL

feltfan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
jimmy the lid said:
Looking through the Panama Canal thread, I was surprised to see this Panama from feltfan -- seems to be very similar in terms of style (including ribbon) and vintage...
Before I saw your post, I was thinkin' the same thing...

Looking forward to Panama weather some day...

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
jimmy the lid said:
Well, I sure think that it is, Aureliano. That being said, there are people here who are far more expert in these matters, and perhaps one of them could weigh in.

And thanks, gents! :)

Cheers,
JtL

You're right, Jimmy very similar hats indeed. I'm no expert either but it screams Montecristi to me. So you bought the hat, right? when I read IC's post saying he couldn't wait to see it in person I thought he did, I'm confused :p ...[huh]

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
Aureliano said:
So you bought the hat, right? when I read IC's post saying he couldn't wait to see it in person I thought he did, I'm confused :p ...[huh]

IC meant that he would be seeing it in person on my noggin'...;)

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
Aureliano said:
You did it again, Jimmy. Great buy!:eusa_clap

Thanks, Aureliano. After doing some re-reading in the Panama Canal thread, I'm thinking this one may actually be a Cuenca, based on the series of posts starting at Post 119. [huh]

Cheers,
JtL

indycop

I'll Lock Up
jimmy the lid said:
Thanks, Aureliano. After doing some re-reading in the Panama Canal thread, I'm thinking this one may actually be a Cuenca, based on the series of posts starting at Post 119. [huh]

Cheers,
JtL
Doesn't matter, it will look perfect in a nat nast under a coconut tree sippping a drink of the day.....:rolleyes: :D :D

carouselvic

I'll Lock Up
jimmy the lid said:

Cheers,
JtL
I'd wear it. TLH

rlk

I'll Lock Up
C & K Derby

4479462423_2b014efd69.jpg

4479461937_54d4610b7d.jpg

This Derby for the Cranially Challenged has an NRA Tag. About a 6-7/8 in only OK condition. Sweatband in excellent shape. Will go to a lesser head or the Bowers Museum. More in C & K thread soon.

Mr E Train

One Too Many
RBH said:
Very nice!
You will love that classic crease!

That just made me wonder--has anyone ever done a "reverse Optimo" crease that pokes in instead of out? I'm trying to imagine it, and what I'm imagining isn't very appealing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe