Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Possible to identify this A-2?

Flieger

Practically Family
JackaA2.jpg

Just found this for sale here in Sweden. The seller asks $65 for it but he knows nothing about it. He just says "it's an original" and "goat". [huh]

I've asked for more photos.

Avirex or Schott maybe?

I guess I'm asking: Would you pay $65 for it? Should I?

Cheers
/Flieger

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
What we need Dr Watson are...

Photos (close ups) of pockets, collar area, zipper, knits, lining. The lining looks like a nylon/rayon?? could be a reline, or the original to a cheaper repro.[huh]

Measurements too.

Any stitch holes to show where a patch might have been, eg: epaulettes; uppper arm; chest area?

If it's a half decent jacket then $65 US is a good deal!! (if it's an original then it's a good steal!!).

When you get the pics, post them here in full technicolor please!

Estevan

One of the Regulars
Looks really nice. Definitely would love to see more pics when it arrives. Congratulations on a great acquisition.
:eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Flieger

Practically Family
Guys, you are not going to believe this: No new photos yet but I managed to get some more info about the identity - The darned thing is made in SWEDEN! :eek: The company's called Sicommerce. (never heard of them).

Now I'm really intreagued! This is the first ever Swedish-made A-2 clone I've come across so of course I GOT TO HAVE IT.

More as it developes.

F

Flieger

Practically Family
A couple of detail shots:
A2_collar.jpg

A2_pocket.jpg

A2_zipper_lining.jpg

Weird color/structure on that lining dontcha think?

I've only had a 80's cut Avirex A-2 with hand warmer pockets before this one so I'm really not sure what to look for... but to me this one look like an A-2 supposed to. [huh]

Size 150, as far as I can tell this is a size 50 long.

/F

Jay

Practically Family
That collar is really pointy. I love it. Especially with such a nice color to boot. Good deal.

Flieger

Practically Family
Thanks for all the comments! Even though it's not a "genuine" A-2, I have bought it and it should arrive at my doorstep late next week. :)

Cheers!

Flieger

Estevan

One of the Regulars
It does look like someone decided to put a name strip on it...I can't quite place the age, if we could get some pics of the zip when it arrives that would be great. Normally the age of these jackets depends on identifying the zipper and as long as it's not replaced then normally you can ascertain its age. Great find BTW!

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
You might already know this, so if I'm repeating things...

Late 30's when the US was helping China battle against the might of Japan, many of the volunteer fliers wore civvie leather jackets, so in pics of the American Volunteer Group (AVG) the jackets are of all shapes and combinations!
Even in WWII pics I have seen customised A2 (type) jackets. And wait for it...even the official A-2 jackets were customised, not just with jacket art, but things like mouton collars being added [huh]

The jacket you have bought could be a 50's civvie salute to the fliers of WW2[huh] who knows?

Or might have flown in WW2 as a civvie leather jacket used by a service pilot[huh]

Anyway, we can all dream!!;) For the money, if the jacket fits and you like it, then it's a winner!!:eusa_clap

Flieger

Practically Family
BellyTank said:
The teeth (on the tape).

B
T

Yeah, I kind of figured that part out myself... question is: In what way differ a modern zip track from a vintage one? Is there a online guide I could use to save us all from my questions? :D

Flieger

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe