Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Please tell me about this jacket

drmartz

New in Town
Hello, Everyone. I recently bought this jacket and I would like to know more about it. Such as, the era it is from, what type of leather, Cowhide, Steer, Horse, etc. The tag pictured is the only one I could find. It is lined with sheepskin and has a mouton collar. It also has a crown zipper. I will provide more pictures if needed.
Thanks!
IMG_1521.jpeg
IMG_1520.jpeg
IMG_1518.jpeg
IMG_1519.jpeg
IMG_1517.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_1522.jpeg
    IMG_1522.jpeg
    5 MB · Views: 18

photo2u

Call Me a Cab
Hello, Everyone. I recently bought this jacket and I would like to know more about it. Such as, the era it is from, what type of leather, Cowhide, Steer, Horse, etc. The tag pictured is the only one I could find. It is lined with sheepskin and has a mouton collar. It also has a crown zipper. I will provide more pictures if needed.
Thanks!
View attachment 637174 View attachment 637175 View attachment 637176 View attachment 637177 View attachment 637178
Hi, I am not an expert on this period. But many indications such as construction methods and jacket trends leads me to believe that is a nice mid 50s naked skin steer hide A-2 type jacket. The zipper is consistent with the mid 50s crowns, which appears to be original to the jacket. Lastly, the labels and lining are strong indicators of mid 50s also. Sad but true, to improve profits, many companies went away from wool and cotton lining to the state-of-the-art lining materials (rayon and nylon) LOL made their way even in top of the line productions. Very few companies use real skins as liners now days.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bigdog42