Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Photo source

dimples

New in Town
I am not sure if this has been posted yet but I just got an email about a site called www.historypin.com which is a new website where people can share their old snaps and the stories behind them.

It is being advertied as a kind of digital time machine where you click on a street or favourite place using Google Street view and see old photographs of how it used to look.

I have had a look - and the bits I looked at certainly - are mostly street scenes but I have found some really lovely photographs of families in the street and it is great to see normal people. I have already found a lady with the most amazing coat and shoes that I want to copy for winter.

Hopefully more photos will be added soon.

AdrianLvsRocky

One of the Regulars
That's such a good idea!

I love old photos of familiar places. I'm always fascinated by how they've changed (or not, in some cases). I always try and get a mental image of how the photo's angle would fit in the current surroundings so this is just perfect!

No photos of my area on there but it's still great fun to look at.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tex rider