Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Peggy Sue has died.............

Benny Holiday

My Mail is Forwarded Here
This makes me so sad. Sad because that generation is going, my Mum's generation, the teenagers of the 50s. Such a memorable era. I loved Holly's music as much as a young rockabilly kid in the 1980s as I think Mum did 30 years before. The very name Peggy Sue makes me think of that classic era and the vibrant, wonderful music of the time. Rest in peace Peggy Sue.

I wonder if she or her first husband (since he was an original Cricket) ever went to the crash site? I've been there. It is sort of out of the way & you have to be wanting to go there. The locals say that Waylon had been there a few times thru the yrs. Paying his respects & thanking his lucky stars probably.

I wonder if she or her first husband (since he was an original Cricket) ever went to the crash site? I've been there. It is sort of out of the way & you have to be wanting to go there. The locals say that Waylon had been there a few times thru the yrs. Paying his respects & thanking his lucky stars probably.

I believe I read where Gerron has visited the site, though only within the last 10 years or so. Holly's widow, Maria Elena, has never been, and she sued Gerron over the latter's book a few years ago, claiming she owned the rights to anything associated with Holly including the name "Peggy Sue". She insisted that Holly never liked Gerron and they were never friends, and that Gerron has made up the backstory. Of course, everyone knows better, and most speculate that there was bitterness and jealousy over the rumors for many years that Holly was sweet on Gerron, and wanted her to leave Jerry Allison and marry him. Gerron denied that part, but many who knew them both said it was an open secret.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82