Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pass the Bucket - Eminem is Paladin.

Brad Bowers

I'll Lock Up
Good Lord, nooooooooooooo!!!!!:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

What a horrible thing to do to my favorite western TV series.

Even the talk of John Travolta starring as Paladin in a remake a few years ago was infinitely better than this.

Brad

Maj.Nick Danger

I'll Lock Up
Just when I thought the entertainment industry had hit rock bottom!

They launch this bomb! lol No wonder I don't watch TV very much. :fing28:
At least it's set in a realistic setting. Plenty of hoods to bust in Detroit.

Twitch

My Mail is Forwarded Here
It's not even the Richard Boone thing but setting it in modern day simply shows that the people producing the thing are only interested in a young "hip hop" audience to = $$. They're afraid of westerns anymore anyway.[huh]

Feraud

Bartender
mysterygal said:
weird. Eminem's not tough, he's just a punk kid. There are so many actors out there to choose from....and who have talent!:D
Agree. I would not worry too much about having him on my trail. lol

Twitch said:
It's not even the Richard Boone thing but setting it in modern day simply shows that the people producing the thing are only interested in a young "hip hop" audience to = $$.
Thank you! This my exact sentiment. How bad a "one trick pony" can Eminem be? I guess while looking for a project he could not find anything other than a generic "tough guy in his 'hood" theme? Since he is such the "artist" he decides to take a name from an established t.v. show. How creative. I am gonna lose my lunch. :eusa_doh:

G. Fink-Nottle

One of the Regulars
Any nominees for the role of Arnold Ziffel in a re-make of Green Acres?

arnold_pic.jpg

Hondo

One Too Many
I've been to Detroit’s “Nine Mile” where Eminem grew up, and true a punk kid, this is a modern day setting? Good grief, what was the name of his cook, the Chinese guy? My guess is one or more will be played by Chinese girls, and very true today audiences are afraid of good old fashion westerns and I’m not knocking Jackie Chan and Owen Wilson for their efforts. Glad Richard Boone isn't here to witness this, his Paladin from "Have Gun Will Travel" is one of my favorite shows.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
actimally