Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Out of all the current B3 manufacturers, whos shearling wool is the thickest/longest?

JLStorm

Practically Family
Ok, the question for all of your B3 experts is between all of the current B3 manufacturers Aero, ELC, Real McCoy, LW, USA, etc, etc.. Who makes the B3 with the thickest and longest wool? I dont mean who has the toughest skin or thickest hide, but simply the actual wool on the inside of the jacket.

To me it looks like Aero, but I am no expert....which is why Im asking all of you! :D

John Lever

One Too Many
I own/owned B-3's from all these makers. There are variations between jackets from the same manufacturer so my 'sample' is a very small one, but I would say RMNZ.

JLStorm

Practically Family
John Lever said:
I own/owned B-3's from all these makers. There are variations between jackets from the same manufacturer so my 'sample' is a very small one, but I would say RMNZ.

Is it a noticeable difference or is it a rather minute difference?

John Lever

One Too Many
JLStorm said:
Is it a noticeable difference or is it a rather minute difference?
I have owned two RMNZ B-3's and both had very thick dense wool. That said the wool on my LW Anj4 is also very dense. I think it depends on the type of sheep skins used. Merino sheep have thick dense coats. Some manufacturers state the variety or source of their skins. With a little research you should be able to decide what to go for.

ethanedwards

One of the Regulars
JLStorm said:
Ok, the question for all of your B3 experts is between all of the current B3 manufacturers Aero, ELC, Real McCoy, LW, USA, etc, etc.. Who makes the B3 with the thickest and longest wool? I dont mean who has the toughest skin or thickest hide, but simply the actual wool on the inside of the jacket.

To me it looks like Aero, but I am no expert....which is why Im asking all of you! :D

I bought this B3 from MickeyB-17 recently, it's made by Aero. Unlike John I have nothing to compare it against, but it is superbly made and I really admire its quality. This was the only way I could think of to indicate how dense the wool is, the coin is a UK one pence piece, which is 2cm in diameter. Good luck with your choice!
B31.jpg

B32.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82