Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Optimo Navy Blue Fedora for sale

fedoralover

Call Me a Cab
This is a stingy brim fedora, brim is 2", crown is 4" at the front, 5" on the side, made by Optimo of Chicago in a size 7. It is a deep Navy Blue, darker than the pics show. Almost the same as Art's Midnight blue, a touch darker.

The hat is in virtual like new conditon. Comes with original box with price written on the side of $408. Black sweat band with "Russ" punched in it. Liner is spotless. This is Optimo's heavy weight felt. Preblocked in what Optimo calls the "Manhattan" style. They don't come nicer than this.

Price is $160. plus shipping

IMG_20071025_0001_4.jpg

IMG_20071025_0001.jpg

IMG_20071025_0001_3.jpg

IMG_20071025_0001_2.jpg

fedoralover

fedoralover

Call Me a Cab
Price Reduced

This is still for sale if any stingy brim lovers a size 7 want it for $100. It could easily be stretched to a size 7 1/8th if need be.

fedoralover

jarviw

New in Town
I saw this hat on eBay, and felt horrible to see Graham's work being auctioned like that there.

Living in Chicago, we visit Graham almost every other week. While we all have different opinions, Graham does put in a lot of work and heart into the hats he makes, and he really cares about each of his customers. I consider his hats individually crafted artwork, and I treat them as such.

I never thought anyone with a custom Optimo would ever sell it, not to mention on eBay. This poor Russ guy probably died, or he could have lost his hat somehow.

Thinking about it, as beautiful as this hat is, and as cheap as the bid was, this is still Russ' hat, wherever Russ is now.

I finally decided to bid on it, not because I want it for myself, but with the intention of bringing it to Graham -- He lost a customer, or his customer lost his hat! Graham has a database of all his customers, and I am sure he will recognize the hat and Russ. He can contact Russ or his family to see what happened. Graham probably has more ownership of this hat than anyone else outside of Russ' family.

When I saw that a fedora lounger won the bid at the end, I was somewhat relieved... at least it's someone who can appreciate Graham's work! I was so sure a fedora lounger would take great care of this hat and give it the respect it deserves.

But I was wrong.

I am again saddened to see it here...
$27 winning bid on eBay, $160 at the lounge 4 days after, or whatever price tag, obviously this hat that took Graham so much time and care to make is not appreciated after all. This hat is merely being traded as a commodity. It is a shame! A hat of this caliber with a living creator should not be a profit-gathering tool. By treating this hat as such, it truly saddens me and I am ashamed to see my fellow fedora loungers, whom I learn and draw inspiration from, aren't fedora lovers after all.

fedoralover

Call Me a Cab
Well you are entitled to your opinion. But I could have found the hat in an alley way for nothing and it still wouldn't have diminished it's price value nor would it have required that I give it to someone else. I'm still letting someone have an opportunity to have an excellant hat at a very good value. Many people here can't afford to pay over 400 dollars for a hat.

If you felt that strongly about it why didn't you bid higher. It seems the hat was only worth $25.00 to you. Do you even know what my max bid was?? I was very surprised it went low as well. But If you feel that strong about it, why don't you buy it and give it back to Graham. BTW, I own 2 Optimo's and paid full price for them and would have loved to have been able to get one for $100.

If Graham had this hat back do you think he would sell it for 27.00? He's change out the sweatband and resell it for a whole lot more than $100.

fedoralover

AlanC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
All of us feel strongly about hats, but fedoralover acquired the hat honestly and it represents a fantastic value for someone here on the Lounge. He has done a service for whoever ends up with it. Someone's Classifieds listing is not the place to cast aspersions on the seller. Most of us own hats that were originally owned by someone else. I hope someone finds my hats of use after I'm gone.

That's a handsome hat, fedoralover. Too bad my head's way too big for it!

fedoralover

Call Me a Cab
Thanks Alan, I'm surprised no one was interested in it. Surely everyone that's been here any time at all knows that the prices listed here in the classifieds are just a starting place. Very few prices are fixed that I've ever seen. Mine isn't, but it was a start, but I got no interest or offers. If someone wants to make me an offer go for it.

fedoralover

Feraud

Bartender
Unfortunately it is a bit small for me or I would have snatched it up.

The hat is an amazing bargain for anyone looking for an uncommon color hat.

Someone buy this!

AlanC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
vonwotan said:
Sold. I love my new hat!:D

Congratulations! It's good to know that it went to a good home. And thanks to fedoralover who was willing to take active steps to see that it did.

vonwotan

Practically Family
Sefton,

I have posted a few in the Hat forum. I'll try to do it more justice tomorrow when I have better light.

Sefton said:
Congratulations on your new hat. When you get it how about some pictures of it being worn? I would have tried for it myself if it wasn't too small for me...

vonwotan

Practically Family
I can't thank fedoralover enough for picking this hat out of the dross and making it available to us here on the FL.

AlanC said:
Congratulations! It's good to know that it went to a good home. And thanks to fedoralover who was willing to take active steps to see that it did.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MikeLSA