Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Okay,....so who was it here that bought this one?

thefedorastore

A-List Customer
I Bid, but was beat out

I confess for bidding but I was beat out. I only bid because I got one the other day (see the thread I started yesterday about blocking hats), restored and hand shaped it into a piece of art!

besdor

Vendor/Sponsor
I dont think its realy a Borsalino hat . The company never used body tickets like the one shown . To me its a hat that was renovated and used a Borsalino lining and leather . Let the buyer beware!!:rolleyes:

MattC

A-List Customer
It was me

Sorry guys; didn't mean to bid against fellow loungers. There are so many folks on here now. And the hat was tempting, since there are so few 7 1/2s. I'll let you know if I got stung.

Matt

Maj.Nick Danger

I'll Lock Up
Aha!

MattC said:
Sorry guys; didn't mean to bid against fellow loungers. There are so many folks on here now. And the hat was tempting, since there are so few 7 1/2s. I'll let you know if I got stung.

Matt

I knew it! It just had to be somebody from here. :)
I did consider bidding for a moment, but reason got the best of me as I was fairly certain I'd be bidding against someone here.
Congratulations, it looks like a really nice hat. :cheers1:

MattC

A-List Customer
Cavanagh Lover

Its true; my first hats were hats that had belonged to my Dad, and his last hats were Cavs. I got hooked early. The 30 isn't the hat the guys are referring to in this thread (that was a Borsalino, my other great weakness). But I do have not one but 2 black stingy brim Cavanagh 30s. And the hats are pretty amazing. The felt is so dense they are both very firm, but the felt is buttery to the touch at the same time. I am pretty sure the liners are silk satin. Just very nice hats. They are what got me wearing stingy brims again.

feltfan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thanks for the report, Matt. Cavanagh certainly
made nice hats.

Yeah, I have a 50s Cavanagh stingy brim.
It got me wearing stingy brims, too, in the
right context.

But I do prefer the wide brim Cavanaghs.
I can remember when I could afford them, too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld