Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Okay, I Can Take It... Me in a Homburg

Ande1964

Practically Family
I have now owned three homburgs. The first two I just didn't think worked for me. Both of those ended up in the capable hands of Tonyb.

But, I recently acquired a third from our own Cookie, and I think this one has potential. It's a lovely gray Barbisio, and I think it kinda suits me somehow. What I have feared about the homburg is that I will look like a giant moonface. Something about the way the brim reacts with my giant head and my profile. I blame my stupid nose, and my lack of self-control around sausages.

Anyway, I think I like this one on me, but I would like some objective, expert opinions. What do you guys think?

Oh, and no fair telling me it's awful, and then offering to buy the hat!

Thanks,
Anj

ande_homburg.jpg

Goose.

Practically Family
Well, allow me to say that I hope I look half as good in my first that I expect next week. That seems to work well with you. I'll be wearing mine closer to the eye brows though.

Summary: looks good and congrats.

GWD

One Too Many
I think it looks great! I think a Homburg warrants a tie and jacket though, I believe it's a bit more formal than a fedora. Correct me if I'm wrong please.

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
Homburgs don't really do it for me generally, but for whatever reason that one looks really good on you and it doesn't seem too dressy to me. I give it a big thumbs up.

Good to see you posting again Gary:eusa_clap

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
Be careful!!!

I've heard that wearing a homburg in the same room as any Johnny Cash item creates such a conflict of ideals that spontaneous combustion of one or the other is to be expected. :p

I think it's OK, but agree that I'd have to see it "dressed up" a bit more to really form an opinion.

jazzncocktails

A-List Customer
Ande1964 said:
What I have feared about the homburg is that I will look like a giant moonface.
I'm definitely not seeing a moonface in those photos...they all look fantastic on you. I've been considering a homburg, but frankly I don't think I'd pull it off nearly as well as you do. :eusa_clap

Ande1964

Practically Family
Cool!

Thanks for the comments, all. Nice to hear you all think it works pretty well.

Here's a shot a little more dressed up. You're right... I would probably wear it out with a jacket, or tie and suspenders, or something.

Still self-taken, so you can't get the full-length, but maybe it gives you some idea.

Thanks again,
Anj

ande_homburg_bw.jpg

PS- Johnny Cash was wincing as I took this one!

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
He changed his clothes and shined his boots
And combed his dark hair down
And his mother cried as he walked out...

better

Not-Bogart13

Call Me a Cab
They do take getting used to, as the brim does nothing to hide the brow like a fedora does. But once you get accustomed to seeing more of your own face, they really are great. Also, I think you have the right face and head shape for one. So, wear it with confidence.

GWD

One Too Many
Ande1964 said:
Thanks for the comments, all. Nice to hear you all think it works pretty well.

Here's a shot a little more dressed up. You're right... I would probably wear it out with a jacket, or tie and suspenders, or something.

Still self-taken, so you can't get the full-length, but maybe it gives you some idea.

Thanks again,
Anj

ande_homburg_bw.jpg

PS- Johnny Cash was wincing as I took this one!

Very Nice! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

carter

I'll Lock Up
Not-Bogart13 said:
They do take getting used to, as the brim does nothing to hide the brow like a fedora does. But once you get accustomed to seeing more of your own face, they really are great. Also, I think you have the right face and head shape for one. So, wear it with confidence.
:arated:
You have nothing to fear. A Homburg looks good on you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82