Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nothing like the smell of new leather....

As a designschool student I once mad a packaging project with a fragrance all thought up by me: Leather, horsesweat and a little wet wool. Called it Hussar.Wonder if it would have had a future?
Yes. It would be perfect for a wife with a cheating husband. Put that on him and he'll never get **** again! lol

If you ever get a chance, go to Aero in Scotland. The smells and visuals are overwhelming. It's old-school at its best. Probably places here in the states too, but there's nothing like it.

Mark

Practically Family
So glad i'm not the only one with that peculiar fetish. I often get out my Scott Willis HH wallet and inhale! Had it some 6 months now but it still retains that lovely aroma.
I grew up with it. I love it. Oddly, at times during the summer months, I pull out the HH wallet and give it a little once over with the nostrils...I do love it.

Leather Walker

Practically Family
I know it's an old thread, but I wonder if there's some soap/conditioner/etc in marketplace which you can use to keep the leather smell with.

I know it's an old thread, but I wonder if there's some soap/conditioner/etc in marketplace which you can use to keep the leather smell with.
I use this stuff now on lots of things. It (to me) does smell properly like leather after I use it and I like that as it's not masking the leather. I may be loony (well, we all know I am) but might want to try it. This is the smaller bottle - you can get larger as well. Love this stuff. It's oil, not grease. I use on boots, gloves, jackets, etc. now.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B002Q907QU/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Gromulus

Practically Family
I use this stuff now on lots of things. It (to me) does smell properly like leather after I use it and I like that as it's not masking the leather. I may be loony (well, we all know I am) but might want to try it. This is the smaller bottle - you can get larger as well. Love this stuff. It's oil, not grease. I use on boots, gloves, jackets, etc. now.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B002Q907QU/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I second Butte's recommendation. I have many leather jackets and while there are some I have never treated, I have a Chromexcel Bootlegger that, for some reason, dries out so much that every other year or so I have to use the Obenauf Leather Oil. I also notice it tends to rejuvenate the leather smell.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
How old is that Bootlegger? I've got a 30 year old Aero A-2 in buffalo that I've only just moisturised to bring up the colour.

Gromulus

Practically Family
How old is that Bootlegger? I've got a 30 year old Aero A-2 in buffalo that I've only just moisturised to bring up the colour.

Not exactly sure since I bought it used about 4 - 5 years ago. Unlike my other two Aero Chromexcel jackets, this one seems to dry out and require conditioning more than any other jacket I own. It is also one of my favorites.

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
The smell of good leather should be bottled and sold as a good cologne. It's intoxicating, wonderful, and to some extent is likely enhanced during the tanning process. It's fragile, however and very easily damaged or destroyed. I've found that like the "magic smoke" that makes electronics work, once it goes out of the device, it's simply impossible to get it back in. :)

UnknownSuspect

New in Town
Have used Renapur Leather Balsam twice on my jacket. That combined with a bit of sunning and just normal wear have resulted in a rather sweet (for want of a better word) smelling leather jacket. This is a complete turnaround compared to what it used to smell like after likely having been stored for awhile.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82