Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nobody Can Insult Someone Like....

happyfilmluvguy

Call Me a Cab
grouchomarx.jpg

Groucho Marx, even this image of him is insulting!

He was the king of the insult

"Say! You cover a lot of ground yourself. You'd better beat it. I hear they're gonna tear you down and put up an office building where you're standing"

"Why don't you bore a hole in yourself and let the sap run out? "

"You know, you haven't stopped talking since I came here. You must have been vaccinated with a phonograph needle"

Quote an insult from a favorite film (not only Marx bros) of yours.

Film: "I didn't think they could stack $##% that high! You're not trying to squeeze an inch in on me, are you?"--Gunnery Sergeant Hartmann, Full Metal Jacket

TV: "Sound off like you've got a pair! Oh my God, you don't have a pair!"--Mini-Lee/R. Lee Ermey to a Pillsbury Doughboy, early in Mail Call

sweetfrancaise

Practically Family
No one, no one can insult like the French.

"You don't frighten us, English pig dogs. Go and boil your bottoms, you sons of a silly person. I blow my nose at you, so-called 'Arthur King', you and all your silly English K-nig-hts."

"Go and boil your bottoms, you sons of silly persons!"

Heheheh.

Brinybay

Practically Family
Full Metal Jacket, Gunnery Sergeant Hartmann again: "You're so ugly you could be a modern art masterpiece!" Loved it! :eusa_clap

sweetfrancaise said:

"You don't frighten us, English pig dogs. Go and boil your bottoms, you sons of a silly person. I blow my nose at you, so-called 'Arthur King', you and all your silly English K-nig-hts."

Dear lady, if someone said that to me, I would probably be more incapacitated by laughing at them than taking offense...

Paisley

I'll Lock Up
Diamondback said:
Dear lady, if someone said that to me, I would probably be more incapacitated by laughing at them than taking offense...

Me too. "Son of a silly person"? lol I guess you have to be there.

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
As soon as I saw this post I thought of groucho.

There are a lot of good insults in Stage door Between Ginger Rogers and Gail Patrick but one of my favorites is when the older actress is ranting and she says "In my day" and before she can finsish the sentance andother woman says "When Knighthood was in flower"

I really butchered that but I swear it's funny.

MrNewportCustom

Call Me a Cab
One of my favorites from Duck Soup: "Gentlemen, Chicolini here may talk like an idiot, and look like an idiot, but don't let that fool you: He really is an idiot."

Lee

Rhofal

New in Town
sweetfrancaise said:

Heheheh.

Monty Python and the Holy Grail? :D

Cheers,
Peter

SamMarlowPI

One Too Many
"why don't you let that cut under your nose heal."

"He's the kind of person who would give a drowning man a glass of water."

"Why don't you dress up as a human being? No one will recognize you."

and so on and so on...compliments of Hawkeye Pierce and Trapper McIntyre...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe