Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Noble House - anyone familiar with them?

Daniel Hunter

One of the Regulars
I was searching the net and stumbled across their web site. They look like they carry some interesting jackets. Does anyone have any experience with them?

JLStorm

Practically Family
Daniel Hunter said:
I was searching the net and stumbled across their web site. They look like they carry some interesting jackets. Does anyone have any experience with them?

There has been a few threads on them here as well as a few other forums. From what I gather they arent incredibly well made, but are about the same quality as you could get from a mall jacket, only at twice the price. Im sure one would hold up for a while if you wanted to pay the price for it, it just seems a bit high for what you get IMO.

johnnyjohnny

Practically Family
unNobLe house

hi, i WaS one of the main people on those threads about noble house...during the first phases of my infamous search for the best Luftwaffe jacket...

as a note, i ended up getting one of the best out there, but pricey, the Lewis Leather Dominator...other threads will explain about that jacket...

but i had purchased a noble house jacket over ebay and was absolutely astounded when it arrived...for close to $400 i had received something that i could have gotten at my local wilson's house of leather for $100...the thing, as beautiful as it looked in the pictures, was totally generic, as well as the leather, and the pattern, which was basically a modern fit, except that the arms were about one size too small...maybe they thought this made it a good Luftwaffe ww2 jacket replica...i don't know

eventually someone got into the thread that had been a secondary seller for noble house, and explained that they were meant to be a lower price point jacket, and never meant to be in the race with higher priced jackets, hence my expectations had been too high...he said the euro to dollar conversion had turned the u.s. price into something higher than noble house had meant it to be, and that the jacket was never supposed to have the price, and the expectations that such a price brought with it

my response now is that, even with the dollar getting better prices vis a vis the euro these days, noble house is still selling their jackets at a high price, and selling them as if they were accurate repros...just look at some of their other jackets, like some of their g-1s and a-2s...these have 2-piece backs, no collar hooks...totally inaccurate...why would their Luftwaffe jacket be any better, just because they are based in germany? don't think so.

as someone who tried their ware, i give it an unqualified thumbs down, unless you are looking to pay $400 for what is admittedly a decent $100, non-historic of any sort, jacket

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe